Bad purchase experience

/ Bad purchase experience #1  

Boog

Tractor
X500, GT 235, 3020 powershift
I recently bought a new X500. The buying experience wasn't what I expected. I paid the list price (less the Deere discount during June) and signed the papers. While the salesman was printing the papers, I asked if they give subscriptions for their Homestead magazine. He said, no, but he thought I could go to the Deere website and sign up for it myself. I was offered no Deere Ball cap either. In a few days the tractor came on a flatbed trailer. Signed some papers again and the delivery guy left. I then noticed there was only about 1/4 tank of gas in it. I also took off the black discharge chute and found it wet between the metal attach bar and deck. I also saw rain-spots (dust spots) so assume it had sat outside in the rain prior to delivery. Is all this normal when buying a $5000. machine? I bought implements at different places in the past and they at least gave me a ball cap.

1) No ball cap
2) 1/4 tank of gas
3) No magazine subscription
4) Wet deck from being in rain

Do I have a bad dealer or is this kind of experience normal nowadays? Thanks for any input on your experiences.

/ Bad purchase experience #2  
The ball cap and magazine subscription are sorta non-complaints in my book. 1/4 tank of gas is pretty lame. The deck could have been wet from them washing/rinsing it off prior to delivery.

/ Bad purchase experience #4  
I bought a $30,000 tractor and didn't get a ballcap, and it didn't sour my impression of the dealership or the machine. I never thought about a ballcap to tell you the truth. They did fill it up with diesel, which is worth a lot more than a ballcap.

My $30,000 tractor was nice and shiny when they delivered it. About 5 minutes after the left, it started raining. Big deal. These are tools made for working, not show cars.

I think you're obsessing a little. Relax and don't sweat the petty stuff. (And don't pet the sweaty stuff.)

/ Bad purchase experience #5  
I recently bought a new X500. The buying experience wasn't what I expected. I paid the list price (less the Deere discount during June) and signed the papers. While the salesman was printing the papers, I asked if they give subscriptions for their Homestead magazine. He said, no, but he thought I could go to the Deere website and sign up for it myself. I was offered no Deere Ball cap either. In a few days the tractor came on a flatbed trailer. Signed some papers again and the delivery guy left. I then noticed there was only about 1/4 tank of gas in it. I also took off the black discharge chute and found it wet between the metal attach bar and deck. I also saw rain-spots (dust spots) so assume it had sat outside in the rain prior to delivery. Is all this normal when buying a $5000. machine? I bought implements at different places in the past and they at least gave me a ball cap.

1) No ball cap
2) 1/4 tank of gas
3) No magazine subscription
4) Wet deck from being in rain

Do I have a bad dealer or is this kind of experience normal nowadays? Thanks for any input on your experiences.

I bought a $150,000 car and didn't get a polo shirt or a complimentary membership to the country club. All I got was free back-rubs and shoe shines and then, only if I brought it in for service on Tuesdays.

Totally stinks.

Oh, and they parked it outside too!

/ Bad purchase experience #6  
Relax and don't sweat the petty stuff. (And don't pet the sweaty stuff.)[/QUOTE]

Ha, Im going to steal that one.

/ Bad purchase experience #8  
Ball caps... in my experience you have to be a bit smart *** to salesmen to get them (in construction; from the equipment rental guy, to concrete, and plumbing). Wear a competitors hat in; or say "dam Cemex has nice hats, if only Vulcan/Argos concrete had them we might order from them".

Times have changed with sales over the last 10 years. Used to be salesmen came looking for superintendent/buyer/whoever makes the $$$ choices to take them to lunch, give them a hat, ect. I would always mess with a salesman who would drive up and tell them there not allowed on site without something free, even if it's just a carpenters pencil.

Wear a Kubota hat in next time... bet they'll have a green one for you.

/ Bad purchase experience #9  
Funny thing, I went into town on a sunny day recently, while there I bought a ball cap, full tank of gas, and a magazine (I'll likely subscribe to). When I got home there was a brand new tractor sitting in my yard with a ribbon on the hood ;)

/ Bad purchase experience #10  
I recently bought a new X500. The buying experience wasn't what I expected. I paid the list price (less the Deere discount during June) and signed the papers. While the salesman was printing the papers, I asked if they give subscriptions for their Homestead magazine. He said, no, but he thought I could go to the Deere website and sign up for it myself. I was offered no Deere Ball cap either. In a few days the tractor came on a flatbed trailer. Signed some papers again and the delivery guy left. I then noticed there was only about 1/4 tank of gas in it. I also took off the black discharge chute and found it wet between the metal attach bar and deck. I also saw rain-spots (dust spots) so assume it had sat outside in the rain prior to delivery. Is all this normal when buying a $5000. machine? I bought implements at different places in the past and they at least gave me a ball cap. 1) No ball cap 2) 1/4 tank of gas 3) No magazine subscription 4) Wet deck from being in rain Do I have a bad dealer or is this kind of experience normal nowadays? Thanks for any input on your experiences.
When I bought my X530 2 years ago I didn't get a hat and didn't even think to ask for one. 2-3 weeks later, a hat and a couple JD key chains along with a thank you for purchasing from us letter showed up in the mail. Maybe you will still get a hat. I don't remember for sure but I do think they filled it up. Equipment sits out in the weather on dealers lots all the time. Don't sweat it and enjoy your new machine!