Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45?

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #1  

Roadbuilder6

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall m, Kubota, deere z655
Hi guys. I am looking at a Case DX45. It looks to be in excellent condition but I just found out it has 830 hours. Is that way to much? It seems to be really clean. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, John

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #2  
Hi guys. I am looking at a Case DX45. It looks to be in excellent condition but I just found out it has 830 hours. Is that way to much? It seems to be really clean. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, John

Not if it was well cared for. In other words had the prescribed maintenance done when it was supposed to be done. Now 8,300 hours, yes that is too much but 830 hours has a lot of life left in it for sure. I would think probably 3 or 4 times that many hours before any overhaul.

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45?
thanks for the reply. That was my thinking. I really like the salesman and they are a trust worthy and honest place. It was owned by the city of fort worth and the maintenance was always done.

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #4  
lots of tractors with 8,000 hrs that haven't been touched all depends on who did what with them

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #5  
How many hours a year do you think you will put on it... Just getting broken in I think.

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #6  
No problem ... Just as long as the price reflects it. Typically I've put 200 hrs per year on my tractors, however now that I'm using it more "commercially" that number will likely double or more, as I've put 200 hrs on this one since February.

I would say that 100-200 hrs per year is pretty average for the average CUT owner.

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #7  
that sounds like a like new low *** tractor to me.thats been taken care of.got alot of life left in it.

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #8  
I once bought a JD 400 gas with 3800 hrs on the meter at auction (knew how many hrs were on it so when the bidding started I positioned myself on the other end and asked how many and when the auctioneer told everybody over the PA bidding stopped with me at $1800.00)
my boss still has it with over 7000 hrs
did have to buy an engine for it but the hydro and the rest have had nothing but maintenance done over the years
good iron seems to never go bad

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #9  
800 hours? That's not even a full year's use for an Air Force tractor.

/ Is 830 hours too many for a Case dx45? #10  
I have a 2005 dx45 and I have 2350 hrs on it