JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #1  

MissouriBoy

Tractor
John Deere 1025R
I like the JD1025R, with its easy attached mower deck, but no thumb available on the back hoe. The Kubota BX25D has an adjustable thumb for its back hoe, but a more difficult attach job for the mower deck. Am I overestimating the difficulty of attaching and removing the mower deck on the Kubota? Is there an aftermarket thumb for the JD 1025R? Thanks for any feedback.

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #3  
I like the JD1025R, with its easy attached mower deck, but no thumb available on the back hoe. The Kubota BX25D has an adjustable thumb for its back hoe, but a more difficult attach job for the mower deck. Am I overestimating the difficulty of attaching and removing the mower deck on the Kubota? Is there an aftermarket thumb for the JD 1025R? Thanks for any feedback.

I considered a 1025r for the drive over deck only. I went for the Kioti instead due to a $3000 cheaper price.

Owning the tractor 30hrs, I love the tractor, but I wish I had of gone with the auto connect deck. I find I take my deck on and off about twice a week and its a 10-15 minute affair.

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #4  
Bro-Tek makes both a mechanical thumb & ripper for the 1025R's 260 backhoe.
1025r-b2.jpg

Nick

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #5  
How often are you going to remove the mower deck?

The BX deck comes off in under 40 seconds and goes back on in under 2 minutes.

I would go with the BX because it has a Cat 1 3 point hitch, a center antiscalp wheel on the deck, the BX seems more powerful, and you can raise and curl the loader at the same time.

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #6  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

We moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons forum. :)

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #7  

You already have the 1025R listed on your profile, but you haven't bought it? Seems like you've decided.

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #8  
You already have the 1025R listed on your profile, but you haven't bought it? Seems like you've decided.

I saw he had another thread and I think he bought the 1025r.

/ JD1025R vs Kubota BX25D, Thumb and Mower Deck #9  
I saw he had another thread and I think he bought the 1025r.

Doesn't look like it....only two forum posts, and the other one was asking about a 1025R BH thumb because he's interested in that model. :confused: