Time to Upgrade

/ Time to Upgrade #1  

Sheriffwood

Tractor
KUBOTA 2320
Hi All, looking for some advice from you tractor guys, I currently own a B2320 Kubota bought it brand new in 2012 - implements are 60" belly mower, front loader, 50" tiller, bush hog, and a back blade, as of now have logged 239 hours. I love the tractor and have learned a lot since this is my first real tractor. We have 12 acres and are now landscaping - cutting, clearing - etc. and now really feel this tractor is too small. I am currently cutting 3 acres of grass and have plans of a pond and adding more grass and obviously seat time, with all the models out there I do not know which would be the best model to get in to, I plan to not use a belly mower any longer the new ride would be equipped with a pull behind finish mower. Looking for any feedback you guys might have - Im in michigan so its used to remove snow on my 300' drive also - thanks in advance for any feedback - Sheriff Woody

/ Time to Upgrade #2  
I went through what you are going through. Started with a JD750, same size as Kubota BX series. After 400 hours I thought I knew what I wanted so bought a new Kubota B3300SU tractor loader. Man, the B3300SU seemed big at first.

After 400 I realized I was pushing the B3300SU too hard in the woods, primarily from a safety orientation, but also from a repair orientation. So I sold it and bought my current Kubota B3560. It does not have much more horsepower than the B3300SU. It is not too much larger than the B3300SU. But is much heavier due to the heavy frame and running gear and the underside is much better shielded than the B series, which only makes a difference in the woods or thick brush. The L3560 is a Keeper.

Go all the way to an 'L' series of some sort; a 'Grand L' if your finances permit. My L3560 with R4 tires does not mark my St. Augustine lawn.

It is cheaper to get enough tractor the second time, rather than the third time.

How are you planning to move snow with your next tractor? Blower, plow, blade, bucket, other?

Last edited:
   / Time to Upgrade
Thank you Jeff, - well i was planning to keep the back blade and tiller - but maybe they would be too small on a L series - maybe I should cut bait and sell all o fit and get all new stuff ? currently move the snow with the back blade and it works well -

Attachments

• IMG_2124[1].jpg
    IMG_2124[1].jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 99
   / Time to Upgrade #4  
When you research tractor specs know that widths are always specified with R1/Ag tires. Tractor widths with R4/Industrial tires will be 8" to 14" wider.

My L3560, smallest of the 'Grand Ls', is spec'd at 59.8" by Kubota with R1s. With R4s my tape measures 69.5"

If you go to an 'L' you will need wider implements. Sorry.

/ Time to Upgrade #5  
For the L series you'll be wanting 5 or 6 foot implements - 7 for the rear blade.
I get by with a 5' brush hog and tiller as my R1s are set at 63", sidewall to sidewall.
I like the deer-fly "bell" - keep that!

/ Time to Upgrade
appreciate the input guys - probably have to upgrade the deer fly bell too !!