Kabota TG1860 or G1700?

/ Kabota TG1860 or G1700? #1  

Avidpulp

Tractor
Mahindra 7010 cab/loader.yanmar cbl 40 loader and BH kabota b6200, cub cadet 1050 lawn mower
Looking at two Kubota Lawn tractors a TG 1860 with 1250 hrs or a G 1700 ,2500 hrs, both are diesels. The G1700 is $600 more but is shaft drive (HST and Deck) Any feed back is appreciated! Both seem to be in about the same condition, not sure about servicing although the TG 1860 does have a sticker on it says "maintained by Blah blah small engine services" I know the little Kubota Diesels are bullet proof but I do not know that much about either model although there is talk in the forums of problems with the TG power steering units. Feed back appreciated!:thumbsup:

/ Kabota TG1860 or G1700? #2  
That is a lot of hours (2500) even for a small diesel but my bigger problem would be the shape of the deck and HST after that many hours. Get your self a magnet and check for bondo fill in rusted out spots. Bearings and spindles could be really worn on a deck with that many hours. I think the TG models are the ones with the problems. Check the HST by running it enough to get it hot and then pulling up a steep hill.

/ Kabota TG1860 or G1700?
Thanks for the input Gary. The paint is all original as far as I can tell, deck looks good but as far as the spindles etc who knows. I will try the hst trick you suggest. Hey how do you like your 7010? I have one to, a Mahindra but still made by tym. good for me so far....

/ Kabota TG1860 or G1700? #4  
Thanks for the input Gary. The paint is all original as far as I can tell, deck looks good but as far as the spindles etc who knows. I will try the hst trick you suggest. Hey how do you like your 7010? I have one to, a Mahindra but still made by tym. good for me so far....
I love my LS P7010. IT it not made by TYM, like the Mahindra, it is made by LS Mtron in Korea. I see a lot of TYM tractors in countries other than USA but not so many here. Peru and Nigeria had lots of TYM tractors.
How do you like your Yanmar CBL 40. I really like the looks of those, but they were a bit more than I wanted to pay for new and no one had a fairly new used one when I bought my Kubota B26.

/ Kabota TG1860 or G1700?
I love my LS P7010. IT it not made by TYM, like the Mahindra, it is made by LS Mtron in Korea. I see a lot of TYM tractors in countries other than USA but not so many here. Peru and Nigeria had lots of TYM tractors.
How do you like your Yanmar CBL 40. I really like the looks of those, but they were a bit more than I wanted to pay for new and no one had a fairly new used one when I bought my Kubota B26.
Really like the Yanmar, I bought it new, was looking at the Kabotas but the dealer for yanmar had just started selling them and was desperate to get a few out there, plus he had 0% financing..... usually I would by a used with low hrs (Mahindra had 173 hrs when I got it) but the used botas where about the same $ as the yanmar. Had it for 7-8 years now and never a issue, only ever done regular maintenance. I have only got about 500 hrs on it but it is a very well built and tought out machine, definite Japanese quality, unlike the Mahindra that is Korean built. looks like we have simaler line up of machines. I also have a kabota rtv1100 with 450 hrs..