Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ?

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #21  
Thanks again, But I think All E models are built in India. On Tractor Data click on the one for 5065 E and 5075 E It also says Factory: Augusta GA, Wrong.
Ive read elsewhere Models above 120 HP are US made everything else is foreign made.

Deere's website says the 85E and 100E are made in Augusta, and the smaller 5Es are from India.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #22  
The 5045E through the 5075E are made in India. All the bigger E series are assembled in Augusta Georgia.
The video mentions it towards the beginning John Deere 5101E vs. Kubota M9960 Utility Tractor Comparison - YouTube . I have looked at the SN plate and confirmed this before on a 5083E. I have a 5055E and overall really like the machine. Yes I had some issues when I got it which in my opinion it should not have had. My local dealer has addressed the issues. i looked at a 5075E this year with cab at farm show and it appeared to have allot better coolant hoses with better designed clamps. If you look at the smaller E series they appear to be the same frame design as the 5000 series in the late 90's and the later 5010 series. I have drove both for years and not had any issues and they where both used hard. I am not sure why the later E series had the hydraulic heat issues that the earlier models never had. Not sure if they changed the seals or what. I honestly don't get mad if a dealer talks bad about another product if it is based on facts. He was honest when he said there made in India and honest about they have had some quality issues. They also have had issues with USA models. It's up to the buyer to research what they are buying and find out if what they are being told is bs or not. Kubota makes a solid machine from what I am told. The only complaint I have with them is they dont have near as much built in weight but added weights can be bought and installed. I never thought I would want to own a machine made by a MFR based in Japan but seems like anymore the Japan built tractors seem to have the best quality of any country including the USA. We use the smallest Deere' on our farm all the way up to the 9310R's,9410R, S690 & 9870 combines. Over all they have all been good but I do feel they are not as reliable as older machines. The more high tech they get the more issues you get but I know Case IH and Agco has the same issues. Lets not forget all the Tier4 engine crap. Maybe you could demo the two? I have never had a Kubota but from what I read on this site I feel it will have less up front little Quality control issues.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #23  
   / Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #24  
Hey everyone, First post, so please be gentle .. LOL

Here is the deal. I want a new, 65 - 75 HP 4wd with a cab, tractor, don't need one that big right now, just want it.

Love John Deere and the whole history .. Pride of ownership.. etc. So im looking at them, 5075E they have the nicest cab,
It's almost like a Pickup inside, But I am told they are not the same Quality as they used to be,

**** the Kubota salesman told me, and I quote:
They are assembled in the dirt, in India, Not even on a finished floor and since the switched production to India, there are multi problems END QUOTE
I don't believe that are assembled in the dirt, But I have heard from other people quality is not up to what it used to be... What do ya'll think ?

1. Should I be concerned at all about JD quality now ?
2. Is there any draw back to buying a Cab tractor other than cost and stay away from trees ?
3. Is a 4 Cylinder Tractor better than a 3 ?

Thank You

A couple of observations...

Yes, I agree with many of the prior posters; the salesman was unprofessional in denigrating the 5XXXE series tractor.

At the same time, it would not surprise me if they were made in factories with dirt floors.
I am in manufacturing and have been to India a couple of times and toured numerous factories.
They run the gamut from sort of OK conditions to places that would be shut down
in the US. Yes I have seen dirt floors in facilities. Not all, but some for sure. These include factories
owned by the Indian government, as well as those owned & run by large multi-national corporations.
Suffice it to say, that the lion's share of the places that I toured, to include aerospace facilities
would not be in operation in the US.

I have a 5095M. Could not be happier. Tremendous machine. JD/Frontier attachments that we have are also very
high quality. Bought a Deere for many of the reasons that you cited
as well as parts availability, service, etc. Went with the M series to get made-in-USA, or at least as much made-in-USA as possible
Would rather pay a few more bucks for American labor, OSHA standards, etc. than to save a few bucks on the tractor and pay
more in taxes for unemployment comp, etc.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #25  
I've got a 2009 5101E (built in Augusta, GA) with 465 hours and it has been worked on one time for an electrical issue. It gets used hard and has been an absolutely fantastic tractor. If I had to do it again, I'd buy the same machine.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #26  
It would be more correct to say that it was "Assembled" in India or the USA. Mine has axle castings that have made in China cast right into them and the hydraulic valves clearly say "made in Brazil." Where they cast and machine the gears at I'm not sure but it is all done in plants working to JD standards. And I don't see any dirt floors in the pictures a search turns up.
About John Deere India
John Deere India Factories

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #27  
It would be more correct to say that it was "Assembled" in India or the USA. Mine has axle castings that have made in China cast right into them and the hydraulic valves clearly say "made in Brazil." Where they cast and machine the gears at I'm not sure but it is all done in plants working to JD standards. And I don't see any dirt floors in the pictures a search turns up.
About John*Deere India
John*Deere India Factories

I followed the links, and looking at the pictures of the India operations, I can honestly say that their factory looks cleaner, more organized, and more brightly lit, (Very important IMHO,) than anything I've seen in our neck of the woods. If the American workplace can be shown up, good for India. However, it should be a call to action to make our production facilities, technology, and workforce what they once were.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #28  
I've got the 2008 5103 and the only problems I've had were self induced. Other wise no problems with the tractor. I've done a little bit of research and what I have found out is even though the tractor is made in India they have to meet the same standards as the American made machines.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #29  
My 2014 5075e cab says assembled in the usa on the frame.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #30  
My 3 cylinder yanmars shake allot worse than my 4 cylinder JD Powertech, but I suppose there could be other design factors in play besides the number of cylinders.

3 cyl Yanmar are mechanically-controlled fuel injection, Deere is full authority electronic. If one spends the money for that, you can make the engine do durn near anything. We use both types here at work.

4 cyl need a counterbalance shaft (in addition to torsional vibration damper on the crank nose) regardless of fuel system type - they have a well known inherent vibration that needs to be damped - 3 cylinder does not. It is basic reciprocating engine balance dynamics - for any engine.

So - the lower the engine speed, the more the mechanical injection/controlled engine vibrates because the speed & fueling control is relatively sloppy as well as lower pressure than the electronic engines.

I would take the biggest 3 cylinder engine I could get any day over an in-line 4 cylinder engine....of any type or brand. The 3 cylinder does not need the vibration bandaids the 4 cylinder does.

Don't get me started on V-cylinder engine configurations............:hyper: