Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ?

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #31  
Everything I own is Green...... Except my open station 55hp tractor. I looked hard at the small E series to compliment my 5093e (love that tractor!). I look at my open station as my bare bones tractor, don't need premium things. However... I do like my telescoping 3pt links to help me when hooking up when I am alone (which is 99% of the time). I live in big tractor territory and the dealers never have a small E series on the lot.

In the end I found a steal on a CaseIH 55a MFWD. Someone had ordered it, decided he wanted a bigger tractor and didn't take it. The dealership, however, had already paid for it so it was on their books. They wanted to move it bad. The Farmall A series do have telescoping links, a plus for me. I went out the door with the 55a MFWD, loader and fluid in the tires for less than 25k. I couldn't touch a small E series for under $30k new.

As I stated, I am green through and through, but a man's got to do what a mans got to do!

Farmall 55a and bale.jpg

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #32  
There is only one problem that I am aware of with the 5XXXE series tractors. John Deere used a Carraro OMG clutch on these machines. On most tractors with a double clutch the transmission disc is free and the pto disc is "captured" by the pressure plate assembly. This is because the transmission disc normally wears out first so you can replace it without having to replace / rebuild the pressure plate. The 5XXXE has the transmission disc captured. The OMG abbreviation not only stands for the manufacture but also the first words out of the mouth of the customer when the dealer explains the costs involved in the clutch replacement. There are aftermarket clutches available, however you must have a certain fly wheel or else the fly wheel will have to be modified and the release bearing carrier changed out. I do not know what Deere was thinking using this weird clutch, but the engineer should be fired. However with that being said I have never heard of a complaint about the tractors. The clutch problem is not widely known because they are still a new tractor.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #33  
Everything I own is Green......

Not me and I grew up on a farm with only JD equipment,worked for a JD dealer for over 21 years BUT JD isn't the same company it was 20 years ago. I own green,blue,orange,red or yellow equipment. I buy what I think is the best for what tasks needs to be performed.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #34  
The tractor could be a good tractor. I've had tons of problems with my cab 5075e. The problem in my area the Greenaway corp has bought out all the good dealers. The problem with that is Greenaway is a horrible to deal with. Moral of the story is if you buy a new tractor go for the best dealer. I made a $43K mistake and now I'm stuck with a POS!!

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #35  
It dont bother me if they where made on a dirt floor as long as the quality is top notch. I have seen some sharp iron come out of some old barns lol. For paint a good booth is neaded though.

/ Are 5000 E series JD made in India ok ? #36  
When the 5003 series had it's run you almost never heard of any problems with them. I know the 5d/e are pretty much the same thing as the 5003 but I've read and heard about more problems with the d/e for whatever reason. Just make sure you understand that you are not going to get the quality of an "M" tractor at an "E" price. With that said my 5203 served me well for six hard years I had it. I now have a 5325(same as an M) and it's night and day difference.

The thing was that if you think about it, when the 5003 series was out, that is basically the 5e series now, the 5m series replaced the 5025 series. I own both a John Deere 5203 and a 2012 John Deere 5083e. Never been to a shop once. The 5083e was sent to the local mechanic due to the dealer sent it with a new block heater installed, but when they installed it they had it at an angle so it burned itself out on the engine block. But we called the dealer about it, no questions asked sent out a new block heater and just send the old one back. As for your kubota salesman, he is full of crap. When I looked at the new m9960 it was the worst built tractor I had ever seen. The toolbox was basically on the front axle, you could shake the dashboard two inches in either direction, every time you hit the slightest bump the cab rattled. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tractors from India. If I were you I don't think the 5085e is much more expensive, I'd get that one you never know when that extra horsepower will come in handy.