Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade?

/ Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade? #11  
I was going to do that, but thought the new style would be easier to use. Why do you prefer the old style?

Often the bolts or pins to reposition the top hook interfere with some implements. You have more room or clearance with the welded in place top hook on the older model. An MX 6 will work fine with the older hook that is welded in place, I used to have one.

/ Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade? #12  
astrochip,
If you already have the IMatch hitch on your 4110 why not keep it and reuse on the new tractor?

I prefer the original IMatch hitch to the new style with the adjustable top hook. I have an IMatch for each tractor and they are the same from the garden tractor to the compact 4520.

First thing that came to mind, if he has one and it works, why get a different one??? :confused: Astrochip, just keep what you already have. ;)

/ Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade? #13  
I have concrete also (previous owner built it as an RV shed, but it's a perfect tractor garage). Do you have any pics? I'm curious how the dollies & implements work together.
Most dollys I have built are out of 2X4,s with heavy duty wheels that spin 360 degrees (all ways).I built most to measurements to fit the equipment I have .

/ Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade? #14  
First thing that came to mind, if he has one and it works, why get a different one??? :confused: Astrochip, just keep what you already have. ;)

Yes, keep the old one. I had an old one, bought a new one and sold my old one, kicked myself, found another brand new old one from the JD Dubuque factory, bought 2 just so I have a spare.

/ Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade?
Thanks guys, good advice!

Even with a quick hitch, those dollys sound cool. As in my next project!

/ Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade? #16  
The dollies can certainly help with storage of your implements. I use roll away tool boxes on my service trucks so I have about 72 heavy duty casters to use for this brand new in the box. That should be enough to put all of my implements on dollies. One day I will get to this I hope.

astrochip,
If you already have the IMatch hitch on your 4110 why not keep it and reuse on the new tractor?

I prefer the original IMatch hitch to the new style with the adjustable top hook. I have an IMatch for each tractor and they are the same from the garden tractor to the compact 4520.
New tractor delivered on Friday. Still wearing that big grin!:thumbsup:

Took my old iMatch off and put it on the new tractor. Your advice (along with others) was spot-on. Thanks!

Most dollys I have built are out of 2X4,s with heavy duty wheels that spin 360 degrees (all ways).I built most to measurements to fit the equipment I have .
Ok, I'm ready to do this. Just 2x4s, or do you put a plywood deck on the 2x4 frame?

Did you do this with your cutter? I can see doing it for the loader implements, but dang, that shredder is big. OTOH, it's a witch to move, so a dolly would be cool. But big.

tractor.jpg

/ Buying new JD4105; do I want quick attach? Also, seat upgrade? #18  
New tractor delivered on Friday. Still wearing that big grin!:thumbsup:

Took my old iMatch off and put it on the new tractor. Your advice (along with others) was spot-on. Thanks!

Ok, I'm ready to do this. Just 2x4s, or do you put a plywood deck on the 2x4 frame?

Did you do this with your cutter? I can see doing it for the loader implements, but dang, that shredder is big. OTOH, it's a witch to move, so a dolly would be cool. But big.

View attachment 383438
No plywood deck,I just beef up the center with a few 2X4,s.I use the car dollies on my front of my cutter the tail wheel supports the back.Great looking tractor you have there,enjoy.

No plywood deck,I just beef up the center with a few 2X4,s.I use the car dollies on my front of my cutter the tail wheel supports the back.Great looking tractor you have there,enjoy.
Thanks. Great tip on the cutter, never thought about using the tail wheel. :dance1: