Bought New Tractor!!

/ Bought New Tractor!! #1  

Roadbuilder6

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall m, Kubota, deere z655
Hey guys. Just put money down on a Kubota L3240. I was really looking at Case/New Holland but couldn't find any in my area. I really want to thank everybody that helped with the process. I will post pictures when we pick it up, and then will make a thread of modifications to it and attachments projects etc. Thanks, John

/ Bought New Tractor!! #2  
Congratulations! That's a great machine - you're going to get a lot done with it.

/ Bought New Tractor!!
Thanks Baby Grand. I want to get a canopy for the tractor. I just read 4 different websites specs on the tractor's height. I have a 98in tall door. According to Kubota it is 97 inches tall, according to another place it is 94in tall, and then two other places are saying it is 90 inches tall. This tractor does have R4 tires so I am wondering if It has something to do with it. So how tall is the tractor?!!?! lol. Any knowledge is greatly appreciated. Here is a included pic of the machine. http://www.flickr.com/photos/101875374@N04/14396827050/

/ Bought New Tractor!! #4  
Congrats on the new L3240. It should serve you well for a long time.

/ Bought New Tractor!! #5  
Does not the ROPS fold on the L3240, after the removal of one threaded pin on each side of the ROPS?

/ Bought New Tractor!!
They do, but I am looking to get a canopy...

/ Bought New Tractor!! #7  
Have you considered the alternative of a wide-brimmed straw hat?

I find a straw hat very satisfactory in Florida. Walmart, TSC, etc offer a very wide selection of very wide-brimmed hats.

I customize/dress up my straw hats with military hat cords or hat ribbons.

I wear long-sleeved 100% cotton work shirts all year on the tractor, RED KAP brand, which are the greatest, and only about $20 each.

Last edited:
   / Bought New Tractor!! #8  
Thanks Baby Grand. I want to get a canopy for the tractor. I just read 4 different websites specs on the tractor's height. I have a 98in tall door. According to Kubota it is 97 inches tall, according to another place it is 94in tall, and then two other places are saying it is 90 inches tall. This tractor does have R4 tires so I am wondering if It has something to do with it. So how tall is the tractor?!!?! lol. Any knowledge is greatly appreciated. Here is a included pic of the machine. http://www.flickr.com/photos/101875374@N04/14396827050/

Most of the specs I've read on an L3240 with R4 tires say its 91" tall. I would expect it would be taller with R1 Ag's. Hopefully some who has one
can get an exact height for you.

/ Bought New Tractor!!
Have you considered the alternative of a wide-brimmed straw hat?

I find a straw hat very satisfactory in Florida. Walmart, TSC, etc offer a very wide selection of very wide-brimmed hats.

I customize/dress up my straw hats with military hat cords or hat ribbons.

I wear long-sleeved 100% cotton work shirts all year on the tractor, RED KAP brand, which are the greatest and only about $20 each.
haha thats what I'm doing now!!!

/ Bought New Tractor!! #10  
I'd measure the height of mine for you, but it's at the dealer at the moment.
R1s on mine and it just fits under the 83" door height with about 2" to spare with the ROPS folded down.
A hat is on my head whenever I'm on a tractor and I've never felt the need for a "roof", especially when I'm in the woods.