Comparison John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R #1  

bigcut

Silver Member
Tractor
Garden Tractor
From a practical use perspective, what are the capability differences between the JD2032R and 3033R ?
I know the base price is higher for the 33R and it has 3 SCVs vs only 1 and a larger life capacity, but, from a use perspective what is the major differences ?

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R #2  
Have you seen these tractors side by side? Have you looked at the spec sheets? These are 2 completely different size classes. 1000lb difference, if you are doing ANY ground work, there is no comparison. 70% more hydraulic volume, 950lb higher 3pt lift capacity. 60% higher loader weight lift capacity. The list goes on and on.

Other than mowing, I would say about 60-75% higher capacity to do things. That relates to time spent doing something.

Only you can make the judgment as to which one fits your needs the best.

Good luck;)

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R
Brian,
Thank you kindly for the response...How well do you think it performs having just about the same engine and PT HP as the 2032R ? Also, I was wondering if you know what the "R" designation means ?
Thank you for your response.
John

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R #4  
Brian,
Thank you kindly for the response...How well do you think it performs having just about the same engine and PT HP as the 2032R ? Also, I was wondering if you know what the "R" designation means ?
John

The "R" is part of JD's new numbering system. The most basic models in terms of features are the "D" models, then "E", "M", and "R". "R" models being the units with the most features.

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R #5  
I own a 2720, which is essentially the 2032. I bought it because I wanted a real tractor chassis but in a smaller package that I could easily fit into my garage. It has enough mass to do the "heavy" chores I need like running a good-size chipper, moving material, and some excavating, but is small and light enough to use in my residential application. It was the perfect choice for me but my opinion is that you should choose the larger tractor if size and weight limitations are not a factor. You will always be glad you have more power and lift capacity. A friend of mine bought a 3032 right around when I purchased mine and he loves it. He does exactly what I do but on a bit larger scale and he has more storage area so that model worked out perfectly for him. Sit on them and try them out.

Gus,
My locations is rather hilly *( foot hills of the appalachias). Not much flat land. How well do you think the 2032r and 3033R would perform under such conditions in mowing, clearing brush, removing tree stumps, etc.
John

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R #7  
Our property has very few flat areas also. I owned a 2720. I could only use the 2720 in low range to do anything except driving down hills.
That means doing work at a snails pace. Also in my opinion, the engine has too much power for the trans it connected to. The trans went into bypass a lot when pulling something heavy or doing loader work.

I just added a loader to my 1026R. I could not believe how much work I got done with the 1026R & loader in a short amount of time.
I would take it over the 2720 any day.

The 3033R has 3 gear ranges & a trans designed for the power it has. The specs on the loader also a lot higher.
With what you are stating you want to use the tractor for, I would get the 3033R.

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R #8  
Brian,
John

John, have you seen both of these tractors in person and if so at the same time? I happen to know of 2 people that have gone from a 1000 series to the 2000 series and are happy with their up sizing's. :D But both of them would prefer to have the 3000 series machine, but neither can justify the cost of the larger machine for their purposes.

If you have not actually seen these, you need to, that will give you a better idea of the differences and the capabilities. Looking at numbers does not really mean anything if you have nothing in your mind to put them to. Sort of like comparing a Cat D9 to a Cat D10. They both can do some work, but no where near the same amount in the same time frame. Capabilities are completely different, just like the 2 machines that you are asking about. ;)

/ John Deers: Difference between 2032R and 3033R #9  
Gus,
My locations is rather hilly *( foot hills of the appalachias). Not much flat land. How well do you think the 2032r and 3033R would perform under such conditions in mowing, clearing brush, removing tree stumps, etc.
John

I'm assuming you plan on removing the stumps with a backhoe and I have no experience with a backhoe. From what I've read on this site, backhoes hanging off these John Deere tractors are a very useful tool. Having more hydraulic capacity is a plus and the larger tractor will obviously have more mass and capability. I've also never pulled a rear mower so someone else will have to weigh in on that. For what it's worth, I watched my father pull a rotary mower behind his little Ford 9N gasoline-powered tractor when I was a kid and that thing was scary powerful. I have to believe that these diesel tractors will be every bit as effective. Working hilly land can be hazardous with any tractor because of tipping potential but I don't see how either one would be an issue if you drove it safely. The smaller 1000 series machines sit lower to the ground but if you have clearance issues you need to weigh those against everything else. I read a lot of complaints about the two ranges versus three but that's not a problem for me. I use low range most of the time because I don't have to travel long distances or move large amounts of material in a short amount of time. There's always someone with a strong opinion but you have to take it all in stride until you see it for yourself. If you haven't done it already, you really need to watch some videos on the internet and sit on some of these tractors in order to get a better idea of what they are capable of doing for you.

Chevy,
Thanks so much for your valuable input and experience...the picture is starting to become a little more clear. Y