Buying Advice What Zero Turn?

/ What Zero Turn? #1  

Steve18643

Tractor
na
Just bought a home in Western New Jersey. The home is on three flat acres. Three rail fencing surrounds all the acreage. The old owner had a zero turn that he took with him to Georgia. I have heard and read many recommendations and am torn between a diesel or gas commercial zero turn. Would greatly appreciate any input. Thank you to all members for your kindness and patience.

Steve18643

/ What Zero Turn? #2  
Budget?

Ztr's go from sub $3k up to $15k+

/ What Zero Turn?
Thank you for the reply. I would like to stay around $6K. Used is fine. I have read a few threads about Craigs list and ebay. What ZTM do you like for us?

Thanks,

Steve 18643

/ What Zero Turn? #4  
We bought a Ferris IS700Z two months ago. Commercial grade. Spring over shocks all four corners. Very nice ride. Welded deck suspended by chains. Rough and tough deck. Very nice cut. It has a 27HP gas motor. Or you can bump up to a Caterpillar diesel if you want to pony up the money.

/ What Zero Turn?
Thank you for the reply. Can we ask you what you paid? Are prices pretty uniform across the country?

Thank You,

Steve 18643

/ What Zero Turn? #7  
Do you have a preference for fuel type?

My Diesel Kubota ZD was within your budget (used). Its been a very good machine. Hardly uses any fuel at all.

/ What Zero Turn?
Thank you. I will look at the Kubota ZD right now.

Thanks,

Steve 18643

/ What Zero Turn? #9  
I can't complain about Scag. Love it because we are cutting basically pasture grass and sometimes it is tall and thick and it cuts it and even looks good. I always use high lift blades.

/ What Zero Turn? #10  
If you are going 15K you can go a Ferris 72" with a Caterpillar diesel. Don't get me wrong. I have a Kubota tractor. Caterpillar and Ferris would be my choice if I had the funds.