Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Dave,
I am in Northern Michigan. I have a friend who has a Kioti and has have a few problems. I am just starting to look so I will do some checking. Do you have a opinion on New Holland?
)</font>

Astor,
I've not spent much time with the little NH models, but from what I have seen, I have been impressed.

As others have mentioned, my earlier advice to look at the Mahindra and Kioti was a little confusing. They are not apple to apple comparisons. The 2015 is a small compact, but not a subcompact.

I would advise you to look at the small compacts and compare them to the subs. They are not much more expensive, yet seem like a lot more tractor in my opinion. Of course, sometimes the small size is a real advantage...it must be, Kubota has sold a zillion of the little BX's, and people sure like them.

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #12  
astor
I don't want to contradict any one but I think if what you want is a sub compact then Kubota, Massey and Deere are your only choices (and the Deere does not take a hoe). The rest of the tractors mentioned here are great tractors but they are not Sub compacts they are all about the size of the Kubota “B” series. Good luck and happy holidays to all
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts
Bob, I have just an acre for mowing but snow removal is the main reason I am looking at a subcompact tractor. I looked at lawn and garden machines but they don't seem to be built solid enough. anyway, do you think a bx2200 from Kubota is overkill? I want a dependable, reliable machine that I can own for a long time.

Steve

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #14  
I don't know how long your drive is or how much snow you get, but assuming you have a rural lot with 100' of drive, then any of the sub-compacts should fit your bill very nicely and not be overkill. I have a 5' 3pt blower for my big tractors and that IS overkill for my area, but I also have a 4' blower on the front of my Cub Cadet and that is about perfect for my drive. The main reason I don't like it is because it is so hard to switch implements on the Cub garden tractor. So I got a 5' 3-point blower because it takes 2 minutes to swap implements on my big tractors.

I think you would be well served with a BX series Kubota, a GC2300 Massy or a new TZ-series sub-compact New Holland. I have no experience with the little JD, but since it won't take a back hoe I think I would eliminate it for that reason. . . you never know when you might want one, even if you don't buy it with your tractor it is nice to be able to add implements later.

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #15  
<font color="blue"> do you think a bx2200 from Kubota is overkill? I want a dependable, reliable machine that I can own for a long time.

</font>

Astor,

The nice thing about the BX2200 and other comparable machines is that they are quite small. Not THAT small, but pretty small...and it sounds like one may be perfect for your needs.

I essentially bought one to do what you wish to do...but also have a larger Kubota B2910 that I use for snow removal at present. But I have considered using the BX for that purpose and may just do that next year.

I view my tractors as something that will be here for my use as long as I want to use them. My lawn/garden tractors have never lasted more than ten years...and the last several years of that period was more trouble than it was worth mostly.

The bx2200 is not very much bigger than a garden tractor, but the durability and usefulness is an order of magnitude greater easily.

Go for the BX or similar tractor and you will not regret it in the long run...

I am really glad I bought my BX... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The BX is not overkill...nope...more like perfection...garden tractor on steroids as they say... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts
Hey Bob and Henro,
Thanks for the replies. I am about sold on the BX2200 from Kubota. I am currently taking on my Northern Michigan winter once again with my 5hp snowblower and a healthy teenage son:) We get between 160" to 200" on snow a year although so far this Winter has been kind. The Kubota dealer here has an ok rep. for service and my buddy with his Kubota says I won't need service anyway:)

Merry Christmas guys and thanks for the helpful info

Steve /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #17  
Hi Steve,

What part of Northern Michigan are you located?

When I was up at Tech, we also got well over 200" per year + the bitter cold.

I remember Easter of 1985 we got several feet of snow even in late Spring. I did not think I would get back to school.

Yooper Dave

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #18  
Don't know if it's been brought up here but the BX is the real sub-compact here. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The others are longer wheel base and stand taller than the BX. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif The deere and massy actually come in closer to the size of the B-7510 for size or they are that much larger that they bring the B-series into play. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #19  
MF doesn't have the active fan club on this board like for some other brands, but they are great tractors. My 1260 is now 7+ years old and never required anything other than routine maintenance (it has never been back to dealer). I'm aware of a large number of MF compacts around here and they are trouble free except one owner has paint problems.

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #20  
All of the figures that I have been able to come up with show that the GC2300 is about half way between the BX2200 and the B7500. It is bigger than the BX by a small amount but not as large as the B7500.