Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
I am comparing the Kubota bx2200 and the Massey Ferguson gc2300. Does anyone have info on either and which one I should go with???

Thanks guys

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #2  
You might want to go to the Massey and Kubota forums and do some reading. I don't own either, but from what I've seen the Massey has a better set up for the 3pt hitch and the backhoe. Both are capable. Kubota probably has a better dealer network.

In any case I would think the tractors are near equals and the deal will go to the dealer who you are most comfortable with and feel will provide the best overall price/service. Also, you might want to consider the New Holland TZ24, it is the same class of sub-compact tractor as the other two you are considering.

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts
Bob,
Thanks for the info, are the New Hollands as good as the Kubotas and the Massey?? I know nothing about them.

Thanks again

Steve

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #4  
astor,

Your profile doesn't say where you are located, but if you have a Kioti or Mahindra dealer near you, you might want to look at the CK20 and the 2015 models. Not to say they would be better for you than the Massey or Kubota, but looking is cheap and it might surprise you.

I've not compared the Massey and the Kubota directly, but both have a good reputation and a good dealer network.

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts
Dave,
I am in Northern Michigan. I have a friend who has a Kioti and has have a few problems. I am just starting to look so I will do some checking. Do you have a opinion on New Holland?

Thanks.
Steve

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #6  
astor... the "big 3" in the tractor compact industry are John Deere, New Holland and Kubota. I have both NH and Kubota tractors. Both are excellent machines, I prefer my NH but that may be because it is newer. So is NH as good as Kubota, yes. And I'm not the only one who things so. Is either better than the other? Objectively, probably not. Massey is much smaller, but not inferior. It is a quality machine.

Regarding the post about the Kioti and the Mahindra machines, they are also good, but the machines are not an Apple to Apple comparison. The sub-compact class of tractors you are looking at are different in too many ways than the compact class that the Kioti and Mahindra occupy. Not better or worse, but different, designed for different jobs.

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #7  
Steve,

I will toss in my 2 cents. I think the Massey, Kubota, John Deere and New Holland all are great rigs. Not one is better than the other. Now one may have feature that you like better over the other ones. But what it all boils down too is dealer. Get out and test them all. When doing this you will start to feel comfortable with a dealer. Go with the dealer that you feel will give you the best service. Then look at pricing along with the comfort level of the tractor. Only you can make that decision. Have fun making it, it is part of the owning a tractor.

The Kioti and the Mahindra's, there is nothing wrong with them. The dealer base isn't as big as the others but they build good rigs.

murph

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #8  
Aster,

First off, Welcome aboard!!

You may want to also look at the JD 2210, it is also a subcompact. Kubota was first to have this type of tractor followed by JD then Massey. The Massey is very close to the BX, almost a copy.

The best thing it to find a dealer you can build a relationship with and then go with the color he sells. All 3tractors are good and will serve you well. The dealer is the big part of the decision process. Go to the JD, Massey and Kubota boards and read all you can about the tractor you want or think you want and ask your questions. TBN has some great people and they will help you spend your $$$$ /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you plan on cutting grass these are great tractors . If you plan on working in the woods then you may want a tractor that will give you more ground clearance.

One thing is for sure you came to the place to find out all you ever wanted to know about tractors. Ask questions, and read the many, many posts here, a lot of people have asked many of these questions before.

Remember the best part about looking at tractors is well.......... the looking part /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifHave fun /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #9  
Astor, I'm a little pressed for time right now, but I have a GC2300 w/ mmm, fel, and snowblower. So far, most of its' use has been for mowing, but now we're finally into snow season (weird year). Just tonight I chewed through a foot of dense snow with nary a problem. I've posted some other posts previously that may have some useful info for you. Try a search for "GC2300"; you should find my posts.

Good luck!

/ Kubota vs Massey Ferguson subcompacts #10  
I'll jump in here, too. I agree with what has been said by the others -- If your choice is between Kubota, NH, JD, and MF, then the thing to spend the most time looking at is probably the dealer. Once you decide on a dealer who will treat you right and give you good advice, support, and service, then the color of the tractor really doesn't matter. They all make excellent machines. You'll find plenty of technical discussion here on TBN to keep you busy reading for days (or weeks)!

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif