Buying Advice John Deere 1025R

/ John Deere 1025R #1  

Paul1025

Tractor
John Deere 1025R
Good morning, this is my first posting, and I am brand new to TBN. I have an order in for a JD 1025R loader / Backhoe / 60" mid mount mower deck, and turf tires. I have made up mind, and this is what I need for projects around my 1.5 acre. I see there are complaints about seat springs, mower deck adjustability, the sensitivity of backhoe controls, and foot and leg placement around the hydraulic connections and hoses when using the backhoe. Is there anyone out there, who has recently purchased a 1025R, that would have any good advice for me before I sign the papers, and haul it home. For example, have the dealer adjust the hydraulic sensitivity on the backhoe, or any other type of advice.
Thanks in advance.

/ John Deere 1025R #2  
Do you already have the machine? If you don't give yourself some time to learn it and see how it does for you....some of the things you read might not apply to you. If you got to run everything at the dealer and it seemed to be good for you I would just wait and get some of your own hours on the machine and go from there.

/ John Deere 1025R #3  
What are your thoughts after you have had it for a while? I have mine for only a couple of months and love it!

/ John Deere 1025R #4  
:welcome:
To the site Paul and glad you finally posted.

/ John Deere 1025R #5  
Congrats. I don't have a backhoe with mine; so, I cannot advise on those issues. Do check your heater hose clamps. Mine were loose from the factory. They also left out a couple washers in the throttle tensioning that holds it in place. Hoses were tightened, and washers on throttle were replaced under warranty.

The fast idle is really irritating. Tried adjusting mine slower. Got it down from 1,650 to about 1,450. It's very difficult to adjust it lower.

Otherwise, the machine is much better than my 18.5 hp 4010 diesel except that it is grossly overpowered for what I need. I greatly hate the additional fuel this thing uses, 0.61 gph vs. 0.46 for the 4010. The seat is much more comfortable, and the 3ph position control is hugely better. It's also very smooth in starting up PTO stuff vs. the slam-on 4010 action (and probably what the 1023E still does).

The in line fuel filter under the left foot is a cruel joke played on us. Haven't changed it out, waiting for 200 hours. Have one on hand and a chemical hand warmer in case it ices up or gels.

Ralph

/ John Deere 1025R #6  
i have been researching and looking also at this size of tractors. i didn't like the limited hydrolics on the 1025r. the gpm flow rate is only 5; this capacity doesn't allow "lift and curl" together. a big slow down in trying to lift or spread material, actually if you ever ran a skid steer you wouldn't accept it. i called the john deere tech help line, and confirmed this. the requirement is 10gpm pump or 2 smaller pumps. the jd 2025r is also 5gpm, but the 2032r is 10gpm; this is the first size that will operate. kubota has a model that has 2 pumps, and i heard the massey ferguson does to. i actually went to the dealers and demoed this exact thing. I love the Deere green, but couldn't justify $5000. premium for the 2032r over the other 2 brands. i read that kubota sells more 25-40 hp compact/sub compacts that the next 3 biggest brands combined.