John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems.

/ John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems. #1  

fleminj2pa

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 John Deere 2520; 2012 Kubota L5740 HSTC; 2012 Kubota M7040 HDC; 2012 John Deere 4720 Cab (SOLD); Cat 247B Multi Terrain Loader
Does anyone have any information on rumored problems with the John Deere 5 cyl engines...such as what would be typically found in a 2006 JD 5325? I am considering buying one of these with about 1900 engine hours and have heard that there may have been some issues with the 5 cylinder engines. Any feedback would be welcome!

/ John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems. #2  
Any problems prevalent in engines 8 or more years old should be well beyond rumor stage, or not worth losing sleep over.

/ John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems. #3  
I've never heard any real problems with the 5cyl engines. I know they still use them in the. 5065m and 5075m tractors.

/ John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems.
Thanks for the feedback!

/ John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems. #5  
I don't know doodle-squat about the engine you reference. My PO is sources of negative information on a certain subject. How do you differentiate between actual problems, problems that were owner caused for whatever reason, or just plain disinformation form a competitor.

Makes it really hard to make an educated decision. Really sticks in my craw.

So when I read something on the net, regardless of the subject, my first investigation has to do with who is bad mouthing, and what do they know about the subject, and why are they flapping their yap.

In short, I pay little attention to derogatory comments from "joe blow".

Mark

/ John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems. #6  
Trust me I researched the 5cyl engines and the 5025 to death and didn't find enough to scare me off of either one. I'm usually picky picky picky about reliability and what reputation something has. In all the research I did I came up with the same posts you found. I wasn't going to let 3 posts scare me away. I also asked a local farmer who had a 5325 how he liked it and he raved about it. The 5025 series does have some electronics but no more then any compact tractor and no more then the M series. I just think the M series is too overpriced for the differences between it and the 25 series. To me the gap was larger between the. 5003 and 5025 series then the E series compared to the M series.

/ John Deere 5 cylinder engines...rumored problems. #7  
I had to replace the water pump on my 5325. It has around 730 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet