Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!!

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #1  

EverythingAttachments

Elite Member
Tractor
Which One do you want to know about?
Like the title says, Ted is feeling better and he is ready to start kicking out some new videos featuring a wide variety of attachments.

The only modern tractor currently in the stable here is his little CT122 Bobcat, and it will still be used for smaller landscaping and gardening attachments.
For the heavier work, he is interested in a large compact or small utility tractor in the 50-65 horsepower range to use in the videos.

The candidates should have a well built 3 point hitch with nice, easily adjustable linkage and a loader with universal quick attach. Beyond that, our ears are open!!

Sure, Ted knows tractors. He's been on and around them his whole life.....BUT.....He would like to hear what the TBN Community recommends!

What do you recommend, and why?

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #2  
Kioti is the second best selling CUT to Kubota. Deere is number three and Massey number 4.

Whatever you buy, I'd only look at the top four so as to grab the attention of the largest audience.

Personally, I shopped all 60ish hp HST tractors available this spring and purchased a Kioti NX6010 with every available factory option. As I saw it, the Kioti had the nicest cab layout and the tractor was nearly $20,000 less than a Deere 4066R, $15,000 less than a Kubota L6060, about $7,000 less than Massey's MF1758. It was more than the Mahindra 6010, but the Mahindra struggled to start in freezing weather and one of the vents fell off in my hand when I attempted to adjust it. The downside, the Kioti doesn't offer all of the options other marques offer, but for you guys, that in itself may be a feature!

I Did not shop the 50hp CVT tractors offered from CASE and New Holland, but would have if they offered a 60ish hp CVT.

Since the NX6010 is CAT 1/2 with everything sized for CAT 2, I mounted a SpeeCo CAT2 Quick Hitch to be used with my Woods BB720X BrushBull. Everything is adjustable and I got mine with three sets of rear-mounted remotes.

10434000_10202484089883041_1697047781002839996_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #3  
I would expect for video uses, and operator to camera crew communications, an open station might be preferable.

But Eric, that NX6010 is nice!

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #4  
I would expect for video uses, and operator to camera crew communications, an open station might be preferable.

But Eric, that NX6010 is nice!

Kioti offers an open station NX6010 but I did not price it.

There is an easy, data-driven method to determine what tractor: look at what tractors customers are using and how much money they spend at EA. The highest volume tractor that spends the most money in the most recent time period (since everybody just released new tier 4 tractors in late 2013 (Kubota's L6060) and 2014 (Kioti's new NX series, John Deere's new 4000 M and R series, and Massey's new MF1700 series) is the winner because EA videos featuring EA equipment will show up in video searches and drive buying interest in EA products.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #6  
   / Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #7  
I find that very hard to believe. If anyone is in the mix there, it would be Mahindra... not Daedong.

My information is heresy from two different tractor dealers (Leno Equipment selling Bobcat and Kubota and Elite Lift Truck selling fork lifts and Kioti, both here in MN). I strongly suspect their source is the monthly sales break down from AEM offered to subscribers--and yes, I'm talking about US sales.

AEM | Statistics - Ag Tractor and Combine Reports (US)

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #8  
I second the vote for a Kioti. Having the 3pt lift control in the back of the tractor might be handy when making videos...just a thought.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #9  
Case 50b cvt! Awesome tractor! And if not that then a Deere 4720

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #10  
I second the vote for a Kioti. Having the 3pt lift control in the back of the tractor might be handy when making videos...just a thought.

That's a really good thought. I still don't know why other tractor manufacturers haven't copied it. Probably their lawyers are too scared of the potential liability from some idiot doing something stupid.