Comparison Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R
Hi again, just done the deal on the Kubota, it arrives tomorrow morning. Thanks for the advice, I had the service done as suggested and get the balance of the warranty. Waved goodbye to my 1970s Massey Ferguson 40 loader backhoe this morning, now all I have to do is sell the Massey Ferguson 254! Looking forward to a brave new orange world. Regards, Chris

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #12  
Congrats on the new iron. :thumbsup: Pics are mandatory if you want to remain a member in good standing here. :D

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #14  
I think you made a very good choice , wish you the best .

Hi all, thanks for your encouraging words.
Took delivery two days ago and had a great day adjusting to shuttle shift. I tried the 5ft slasher (bush hog I think in US parlance?) on some long grass, went well.
Then started digging out some top soil and sub-soil clay next to the shed to increase my flat working area.
I soon found the need for serious rear weights and put the heavy duty grader blade on as a counter-weight. So I think I'm going to have to build a concrete counter-weight - don't know if the rear tyres have ballast but will investigate that too.
Ok, pics, I confess to failing in that task so next time will deliver (won't be back there for a couple of weeks).
One niggle, the tacho doesn't work so I've alerted the dealer who is of course mystified.
Meanwhile getting emotionally prepared to split the MF254 to replace the clutch plate and rear crankshaft seal.
Thanks again, Chris

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #17  
Hi all, thanks for your encouraging words.
Took delivery two days ago and had a great day adjusting to shuttle shift. I tried the 5ft slasher (bush hog I think in US parlance?) on some long grass, went well.
Then started digging out some top soil and sub-soil clay next to the shed to increase my flat working area.
I soon found the need for serious rear weights and put the heavy duty grader blade on as a counter-weight. So I think I'm going to have to build a concrete counter-weight - don't know if the rear tyres have ballast but will investigate that too.
Ok, pics, I confess to failing in that task so next time will deliver (won't be back there for a couple of weeks).
One niggle, the tacho doesn't work so I've alerted the dealer who is of course mystified.
Meanwhile getting emotionally prepared to split the MF254 to replace the clutch plate and rear crankshaft seal.
Thanks again, Chris

I wouldn't worry about the tachometer...probably something very minor. For that machine I'd want at the absolute minimum 1,000lbs on the 3pt for counterweight. I built a 1,400lb counterweight and it wasn't overkill for my LS, which is very similar in capability to your MX. Pics or it didn't happen!

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #18  
IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0088.jpgIMG_0086.jpg

I personally have 1400lbs on my 3pt for a counter weight on my 5100 and loaded tires. REALLY helps with stability and gives you a TON of traction.

What a great set-up you have Code54! Much more useful than the usual lump of concrete. Got me thinking now! Regards, Chris

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #20  
I really like it - was a lot more work but an easy winter project...
Thanks