Comparison Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #1  

MF254

Tractor
Kioti DX 9010PC
G'day from New South Wales in Australia! I am considering upgrading from my 1980s Massey Ferguson 254 (50hp AWD) and am looking at Kubota MX5100H or Branson 5220R plus 4-in-1 front end loader. I've had an ancient Massey Ferguson 40 loader backhoe for the past few years and have really worked it hard. I don't need a backhoe but still have plenty of hard work for a loader. I can afford a new Branson but the Kubota would have to be second hand (local dealer has a 2-year-old with 250 hours on it). Kubota prides itself on reliability, service etc but Branson is, to me, an unknown, although I've read some good reviews on this forum. At the risk of going over old ground, does anyone have some advice? With thanks, Chris

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #2  
Where in NSW are you? I visited there for 30 days in March.

I would go with the Kubota. 250 hours is still new.

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R
Hi, thanks for your advice - that's telling me what I think I want to hear!. My property is near Coffs Harbour on the mid-north coast. I hope you enjoyed your time here! best wishes, Chris

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #4  
I'd buy the one that has the best dealer support. I agree that 250 hours on the Kubota is nothing.

I'm not sure, but I think 300 hours is the first major service after the 50 hour break-in service. I'd suggest trying to get the dealer to include the service in the deal.

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #5  
I'd get the Kubota.

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #6  
I agree with all of the above , go with the kubota , the time to have them include a few extras is at the time of the sale for sure , loaded tires , an implement at their cost etc. .

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #7  
I'd get the Kubota, and try to get the dealer to throw in the next schedule service.

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #8  
Hi, thanks for your advice - that's telling me what I think I want to hear!. My property is near Coffs Harbour on the mid-north coast. I hope you enjoyed your time here! best wishes, Chris

I stayed 4 nights on a sailboat in Coff's Harbor. I also visited a friend who lives near Corindi Beach. We also visited Grafton, and stayed in Sawtell, Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Forster, Tamworth, and Walcha. Beautiful area and the weather in Coff's Harbor is almost perfect.

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R #9  
Sorry to change the subject of your thread, but I just had to post this pic to prove that I was at Coff's Harbor.

IMG_3466.jpg

/ Kubota Mx5100h vs Branson 5220R
The Big Banana! Doesn't quite tell you everything you need to know about Coffs Harbour but it gives you a sense of the area's history. Bananas are no longer the main crop, huge plantings of blueberries are giving some farmers in the area a new lease of life. And the weather - it's mid-winter with a temperature of 21C (70F) and beautiful sunshine. Bit of rain would be good. Regards, Chris