Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250

Default Re: If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought?

Two things...ratchet Rake and Pat's. Based on info gained here I also moved forward on purchasing some of my other implements (eg wood chipper and snow blower) with greater knowledge and confidence. As a result, very pleased with each one. In addition, buying the carry all frame from TSC and getting some great build ideas from people here will prove to be a huge benefit once I finish the project.
    Kubota L3901, 7' International rear blade, 5' JD brush cutter, 6' King Kutter york rake, Pronovost Puma-64 snowblower, Bear Cat 73454 Wood Chipper,Carry All, Ratchet Rake,Pats Easy Change....and a bunch of Stihl stuff

Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer 50

Flail mower and all purpose plow.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    That is because you don't have your grapple yet! You just think you don't need one!
    A grapple would sure be handy. Just cannot justify the cost for the amount of use I would get out if it. But even so, If I do decide to get one, I cannot credit TBN for making me get or want one. Which is the tune of the thread.

I have wanted a grapple long before TBN. But its a balancing act between want, need, and cost. I have yet to spend more than $400 on any implement for my tractor. I cannot justify 3x's that cost for something that wont be used as much as my hog or blade, and really not needed. Handy....yes. But not necessary.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I would not have my BX, quick hitches, 3pt pallet forks, SSQA pallet forks, dethatcher, box blade, and the want for many other implements.

Quote Originally Posted by LD1 View Post
    A grapple would sure be handy. Just cannot justify the cost for the amount of use I would get out if it. But even so, If I do decide to get one, I cannot credit TBN for making me get or want one. Which is the tune of the thread.

I have wanted a grapple long before TBN. But its a balancing act between want, need, and cost. I have yet to spend more than $400 on any implement for my tractor. I cannot justify 3x's that cost for something that wont be used as much as my hog or blade, and really not needed. Handy....yes. But not necessary.
    If you had a grapple you would be surprised how much you would use it. I use my grapple more than any other SSQA attachment.

Tractor
    JD 2305

FEL. Didn't think I'd use it enough to pay those big bucks. However... Turns out I take it off only a couple times per season. Comments here convinced me to do it. Ordered a ratchet rake lately, too, because of user comments. Don't know if that will pan out, but I'm excited to try it for clearing/preparing seed bed.

Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

I would have never bought and should not have bought a flail mower and an under fence mower. Everything else I would have bought with or without being a TBN member.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

I should add the ratchet rake to the list, also the front end loader mounted hydraulic post hole digger. I will say though, I really wish I went with the 3 point hitch mount instead. I love the hydraulic part of the PHD, but I really hate having it on my FEL.

Although, thanks to TBN, I now know that I can convert it to a 3 point hitch style, and get a kit to add downpressure as well. Best of both worlds More money to spend
    -Matt
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Just realized something!!!!! I can't believe myself, or no one else posted this yet, this has to be the #1 most useful "item" on my tractor, that I NEVER knew existed, but I couldn't live without!! (okay, aside from my grapple)

TOP N TILT!!!!
    -Matt
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota L3540

kubota - I was just going to trade in my old JD for a new one, when I found TBN which inspired me to visit all my local dealers. A new JD would have been fine, but the Kubota dealer gave me many $'000's more on the trade-in.

Snowblower - i used the extra trade-in cash to get one

Forks - never even thought of those for a tractor - use them all the time now

Land plane - big improvement on my rear blade

And I have to mention top-n-tilt!

So while TBN started out saving me some cash, now it keeps giving me new ideas on how to spend it!

Veteran Member workinallthetime's Avatar
    Tractor
    b3030 TLB,zd326

--- rear blade, did not pay for it, came with the first B model i had made in 84 it was useless never want another one. than again that tractor was pretty much useless and thanks to tbn i bought a bx 23 now riddin a L45, thanks guys
    equipment = L45 tlb, zd326p
    attachements = disk, pallet forks, box blade, 4n1, thumb, ld material bucket
    past equipment = b???? old slow no p/s, bx23 tlb, b3030 tlb, mf 175, jd301a

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast