Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought?

The one that I like the best is a few years ago a guy that said he had a $20k budget for a dozer and that was it. And most of you know how much so many here at TBN hate used reasonably cost dozers. Before he was done, he had a 2-3 year old CAT for $130K.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    The one that I like the best is a few years ago a guy that said he had a $20k budget for a dozer and that was it. And most of you know how much so many here at TBN hate used reasonably cost dozers. Before he was done, he had a 2-3 year old CAT for $130K.
    So that budget of $20k turned into a down payment of $20k.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    So that budget of $20k turned into a down payment of $20k.
    Maybe, don't know for sure. I actually think that the guy had-has money based on other things that he had or was doing at the time.
    Brian

Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

Sounds like some of us need to attend AA, Attachment Anonymous, counseling.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3032E

See I think the opposite
    We come to this site to see what others are using to do the things we need to get done too
    We research these pages and come up with the best attachment for the money we can afford

If you just went to your nearby attachment store and asked that you need to do a certain task you would end up with far more attachments instead of relying on the good people on this site to show you how you can get the most out of the attachment your thinking about buying before you plunk down that hard earned cash

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK27HST

Eventually, I think I'd have the same attachments I have now.

I came to TBN before I had a tractor - so I didn't know much. I was going to get a kubota BX25D, and really, I'd have been 'happy' with it. But talking to the knowledgeable folks here, I found the right questions (ground clearance, number of speed ranges on the HST, others) to ask. Ended up with a bigger tractor I won't ever outgrow (unless I get more land).

And I found out about attachments I never knew about before. Well, that's why I came here and I think I'd have found out about them anyway. But TBN is 1st for my tractor questions, so it is usually where I learn about stuff first.

I still need more implements (still no grapple!) but I have my prioritized list now.

I'd say it's TBN's fault, but I think I can blame MtnViewRanch for an awful lot of it!

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor

Hey Dave, maybe I can get a set of pallet forks and you can get your grapple in the same shipment. I bring the grapple to you. Seems like that is the only way I will get a day off.
    Brian

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 147, Ford 80, 4610

I didn't buy the attachment, I made it. I am glad I heard about a three point hitch counter weight. I made mine from a barrel and concrete. It makes loder work so much more productive.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Well my grapple, my loader forks, my hydraulic center link, and my quick hitch. I would have never known that a grapple or a hydraulic center link ever even existed. I may have found out about the forks for the loader because a friend has a set but who knows. I knew about the quick hitch because I saw them at TSC and harbor freight but I probably would have never bought one because they just seemed like a gimmick something that would be nice but just would never work out, now I don't know how I made it through the first 50 years of my life without it or why Dad never had one or two on the farm!
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

In my case,
    #1 - Top 'n Tilt Cylinders
    Along with that,
    #2 - Fite Rite Hydraulics (Thanks, Brian!) to buy them from
    #3 - Loaded rear tires, and counterweighting loader
    #4 - Rear hydraulics outlets. Would have wound up with only one, or even none.
    #5 - Toothbar
    #6 - Lock 'n Lube coupler. Just wish it worked on pto shaft too - clearances are too close.
    #7 - Dollies for storing implements.
    #8 - Subsoiler.
    #9 - Hydraulic downforce kit for post hole digger.
    #10 - Check chains and guard chains for rotary cutter

Now my wants, which I wouldn't know the usefulness of but for TBN:
    Grapple
    Third function for loader
    At least three more rear hydraulic connecters
    Hydraulic angle, tilt, and offset rear blade with gauge wheels
    Rear rake (heavy duty) with gauge wheels
    Landscape grader
    Limbinator

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast