If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought?

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
This forum, more so than any other forum, really has a way of spending peoples money :)

If it weren't for TBN, I wouldn't have half the implements I do.

Which implements or attachments have you purchased (or made) that you never would have bought if it weren't for here? And, how useful has it been?

For me, I didn't know what some implements even were, or that they even existed for tractors. After seeing them on here, I just had to have them all of a sudden! :)

My most unknown implement, was the FEL grapple, and good god I'm glad I bought that! Now, I couldn't live without it!

Anyone else find something you didn't know existed?

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #2  
Same here, I did not know you could have a grapple for a tractor, I saw them on skid steers, but I did not have enough knowledge to know about hydraulics, or anything like that.. I have learned about all of it here, and then did research on the net.. You have to know about something before you can even go looking for knowledge. I saw what other guys were doing with them, and said "well heck, I need one of those!" It has been handy.

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #3  
Grapple. Wound up with NAI 48" Long story about what I wanted versus what I could get my hands on. After all said and done I learned on here that the NAI would do the job. So after several attempts at to purchase some of the more "capable" I ran up on the NAI and could get it when I needed it. It did not disappoint and saved a bunch of money. Now I can buy other TBN temptations:laughing:

Grappling has made major impact. I don't worry about what I cut down now. Yesterday I chain sawed for about 2 hour on an old fence row and rested from that workout by cleaning the whole thing to a burn pile in an hour. This included over 15 tall 40 year old trees and all the smaller stuff including grape vines, honey suckle and every other kind of thing that will take hold in a untended fence line. I now have some stumps to deal with but I have figured that problem out from a previous recovering of the space around an old barn that had a bunch of trees. Did not have the grapple for that job so that gave me the incentive to bite on the stuff I read here about grapples. Without the grapple the fence line would never have been cleared on my watch.

Did not know about grapple until TBN

Last edited:
   / If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #4  
Forks.
I never thought of them before, but it my case and how I make wood and just uses around the ranch, I would have a difficult time living without it.

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #5  
Bought the piranha bar. Turned my bucket into a monster. Read about it here.

Also jumped on a rock rake that was part of a rear blade deal. I would have not been interested in it until reading here. Havent used the rake yet ut it is about to be called on in a barn lot preparation for shed build. Reading about box blades has me in the market.

Last edited:
   / If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #6  
toothbar - sounded like something the dentist used, built it loved it modified it to fit every tractor since. useless implements? i cant find enough change in the couch to waste on anything useless.

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #7  
Land plane and Ratchet Rack. And I would like a FEL grapple but have yet to find one that will fit the Kubota quick connect on my LA403 loader.

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #8  
From the tractor out.

I've relied on the community mind of TBN for advice on all.

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #9  
None, actually...

I bought the implements I need and use. I do read others' comments and threads on various brands for information and experiences. However, I almost always buy used equipment, so the final decision is based upon cost, location and condition.

/ If it weren't for TBN, which implements would you NOT have bought? #10  
My KKII tiller. I never would have taken anything with "Kutter" in the name seriously.
Comments from Farmwithjunk and others convinced me. It's been a great value.