Farmall C Series

/ Farmall C Series #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Been a while since I looked at the IH web site and just noticed they now have a new Farmall C series that is final tier 4 and has a Shibaura engine once again. From 33 h.p. and up.

When did IH go back to Shibaura for their compacts? Site also still shows the LS built B Series.

Does New Holland have Shibaura models again also?

/ Farmall C Series #2  
The C series are still built by Ls. They just have shibarua engines. This is where it gets mildly confusing. The Cvt series compacts i believe are made by Shibarau, and then the regular b and c series are made by LS

/ Farmall C Series #3  
The C series are still built by Ls. They just have shibarua engines. This is where it gets mildly confusing. The Cvt series compacts i believe are made by Shibarau, and then the regular b and c series are made by LS

Well yes ... the CVT "Super suite" compacts are the NH/Shibaura builds. So if you want a Case compact cab, you'll need to go with the NH/Shibaura CVT models. Otherwise, the remaining Case compacts are LS builds.

LS apparently went to Shibaura because of cost savings for tier4 vs the Mitsubishi... But I suspect it had something to do with NH asking for the Shibaura engines. Strictly my hunch, I have no facts behind that...

/ Farmall C Series
Odd considering Massey went to Mitsubishi for their final tier 4 engines in the 1700 compacts.

/ Farmall C Series #5  
Odd considering Massey went to Mitsubishi for their final tier 4 engines in the 1700 compacts.

Yeah, just in compacts tho ... They use their AGCO power engines in the large rigs from what I've read.

LS was building Mitsubishi licensed engines for their tier 3 tractors, but I think I recall that the license for tier 4 engines was not as cost effective as just buying the Shibaura's.

However again, I think it had as much or more to do with NH wanting Shibaura engines, if for nothing else, consistency in their engine line. My guess

/ Farmall C Series #6  
Well yes ... the CVT "Super suite" compacts are the NH/Shibaura builds. So if you want a Case compact cab, you'll need to go with the NH/Shibaura CVT models. Otherwise, the remaining Case compacts are LS builds.

LS apparently went to Shibaura because of cost savings for tier4 vs the Mitsubishi... But I suspect it had something to do with NH asking for the Shibaura engines. Strictly my hunch, I have no facts behind that...

I was glad to see the switch back to Shibarua. Can anyone tell me what kind of HST control is available on the B CVT and the Compact "C" tractors? One pedal or two?