Buying Advice Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #11  
I see no reason to pay the premium for the JD even with a friend working for the shop. They are not the same company they were years ago and resale value is in the eye of the purchaser, point being if I was looking for a used tractor JD would be at the bottom of my list as well and my offering price would reflect that compared to what I would offer for a Kabota , Kioti or Mahindra of comparable size and performance.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #12  
A three speed hydro is nicer than a two speed hydro regardless of maker. The ease and speed of mounting a the quick attach loader is certainly a major consideration. Ease and comfort of the controls and seating position certainly important if you spend long hours on the tractor. You need to test drive them. Or you can just buy the sticker on the hood.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #13  
If I'm not mistaken, to get to the 3 range Hydro on the JD, you are looking at the 3033r, which is the closest match for what you are looking at.
John

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #14  
I would also look at Mahindra. They have 0% finacing, a long warranty, and the Max series is a solid buy. I would also look at getting a backhoe. That can really come in handy.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #15  
I would put the JD at the bottom of the list for the reasons already given. I would get a 3 speed HST, but that is just me. HST if far superior for any kind of loader work. Kioti, LS, Mahindra, all good tractors. Kubota's too. The more upscale JD's are great too, but the 3032e is a a "budget" tractor, with many good things left out. I have never understood why people pay way more money, for way less tractor. Is it the paint?

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #16  
I would put the JD at the bottom of the list for the reasons already given. I would get a 3 speed HST, but that is just me. HST if far superior for any kind of loader work. Kioti, LS, Mahindra, all good tractors. Kubota's too. The more upscale JD's are great too, but the 3032e is a a "budget" tractor, with many good things left out.

Agree with the preceding and I would suggest the LS or the Kioti of brands you listed. Any Massey dealers near you? Also, IMO, you are looking at a good size to start out.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #17  
Just a thought, you could buy an older full size backhoe and sell it as you get done with the rough work and then buy the tractor of your dreams for your property.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy
Tompet, I do have a Massey dealer fairly close which model would you suggest?

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #19  
From Agriengineers.com:

Hydrostatic Transmission (HST):​

Hydrostatic transmissions transmit all power with hydraulics i.e. with the power of oil.. One half of the transmission is a variable displacement pump and the other half is a hydraulic motor. A movable swash plate controls the piston stroke to change the pump's displacement. A hydrostatic transmission works as being a variable-displacement hydraulic pump, driving a fixed-displacement hydraulic motor.

The greatest advantage of a hydrostatic transmission is the ability to infinitely vary the ground speed and quickly change from forward to reverse. Another advantage is reliability. This transmission is self-protecting from operator abuse. Also, on foot pedal controlled transmissions, there is a built in safety factor in that you need only lift your foot from the pedal, to bring the tractor to a controlled stop. Their disadvantages are high cost, sensitivity to contamination and a slight loss of power at the PTO shaft. You must also remember to apply the parking brake should you park the tractor on a slope.

Hydrostatic is, by far, the best choice for turf mowing applications or for any tasks that require constant speed and direction changes within a small area.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #20  
Awilk, as far as Massey goes, if you go to the their website you will see 1500, 1600, and 1700 series. LEach series has a couple of models in the size range you listed. Their lineup is a little confusing with some overlap in each series and they even came out with an economy 1700 "e" series. Basically the last two numbers indicate hp which would be a starting point when you reference different models.

My suggestion is look at the online brochure and then it would be worth your while to stop and check out what the local dealer has to get a feel if they interest you. Massey does make some full featured tractors with good power/hydro flow.

A member that goes by TSO has had high praise for LS tractors and recently changed to a Massey. Anyway, if he chimes in he will make good points on each line. You will sort it out, just take your time. The good news is, IMO, is that most major manufacturers put out pretty good products. Good luck and enjoy your search.