Buying Advice Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #31  
I mainly want the tractor to hall cut fire wood and brush around the property for burning and as well as using it to grade the driveway. I have about 10 months to clear the land so time isn't too much of an issue.( I doubt more than 100 hours a year for 2 years than after that much less)

The first attachment you will want to buy is a Ratchet Rake. I think Ratchet Rake is only selling direct at this time.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/146060-ratchet-rake-ever-seen-used.html

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #32  
Thanks, everyone for all the good info. I think I've decided on the ls brand 3033 or 3038 because of the price and features. I mainly want the tractor to hall cut fire wood and brush around the property for burning and as well as using it to grade the driveway ,as far as knocking down the trees I have a friend that has a small dozer and back hoe so he can do that. I have about 10 months to clear the land so time isn't too much of an issue.

Now I just need to figure out if the prices are good I was quoted the prices before tax are Ls3033 shuttle $15,300. 3033 hydro $16,250. LS 3038 shuttle 16,000 3038 hydro $16940..... I'm leaning toward the 3033 shuttle because of price and the amount of use it will get ( I doubt more than 100 hours a year for 2 years than after that much less). What do you guys think ?

The 3038 has 20% more lift capacity than the 3033, and the extra HP never hurts. HST will make almost all of the tasks you mentioned easier, and quicker. I can't see not going for the 3038H when you look at the minor price difference. My LS served me extremely well (zero problems) and is now serving its new owner equally well :)

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy
The first attachment you will want to buy is a Ratchet Rake. I think Ratchet Rake is only selling direct at this time.

Looks like a great product I'm glad you recommended it thanks

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #34  
Ratchet Rake is available at you local Tractor Supply or online at their website. I just got one there.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy
Thanks everyone I just picked up a ls3038 hydro seems to be pretty nice so far. I drove both the shuttle shift and hydro and the hydro was far superior and was very smooth. Now to decide whether I want the piranha tooth bar or ratchet rake for clearing my land.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #36  
   / Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #37  
Thanks everyone I just picked up a ls3038 hydro seems to be pretty nice so far. I drove both the shuttle shift and hydro and the hydro was far superior and was very smooth. Now to decide whether I want the piranha tooth bar or ratchet rake for clearing my land.

Sounds like a good choice! Enjoy the machine.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #38  
Good choice. Of the 4 LS models, I think you picked the right one.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #39  
Congrats on your new toy, errr tool!

Now you gots to get her some 'tachments, 'cause a tractor w/o 'tachments is like a computer w/o peripherals, fun to drive around and cool to look at, but much harder to get stuff done with...

Suggestions on how we spend what's left of his remaining $$?

I'll start you off with:

Bucket hooks.
Piranha Toothbar.
Chains for pulling with.
Chain holders.
Ballast box.
Box Blade.
Towhitches front and back: (for trailer ball, clevis hitch, tow hook, pintle, cargo carrier, etc.)
Grapple, Root Rake, or 4-in-1bucket.
Landscape/York Rake.
Fred Cain Subsoiler or other Shear pin equiped clone.
Dethatcher.
Radio/MP3 Player.
Auxillary Lights.
Upgraded Seat with heater, cooler, and suspension.
GPS and laser-guided grading controls.
?????????????