Buying Advice Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #1  

Awilk

Tractor
None
Hi,I'm new here to the forum and am wondering if you guys can help me decide which new compact tractor to buy. I am getting ready to purchase 2 acres that is heavily wooded and will be trying to prepare the land to build a house on ( build a road,clear the timber,level the area where house and shed will go up, as well as using it while building the house which I'm doing myself). I would also like to use this tractor for occasional use in seeding lawns and landscaping projects for customers. That being said I have done some research and have a few models picked out just not sure which one to settle on. I've looked at the kioti ck35 , the ls g3033 and the john deere 3032e. I haven't decided whether I want hydro or shuttle shift yet either will work for me. The main things I'm wanting to use with the tractor is brush hog,box blade and front end loader. The prices I've been quoted for the ls g3033 is 15,300 the kioti ck35 16,300 both with shuttle shift and lastly the john deere 3032e 19500 ( hydro being the only option for this one . All of these come with fel's and we're priced without tax. Some of the concerns I have with the two foreign tractors are both dealers are about 50 min away and I'm not sure how the resale would be and part access would be. The pros for the two foreign tractors are they come with a lot more features and are quite a bit cheaper than the john deere. The only reason I'm looking at john deere is I have a buddy that is a salesmen at JD and I know he will take care of me with any issues or problems I might have in the future as well as helping me on the prices, I also hope is will hold its resale value better. Any thoughts or concerns about these tractors will be appreciated. ( are these good prices ? )

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #2  
HST- you will be much happier.
Go with the close dealer and the relationship with the salesman. He will be your advocate in the shop.
I like JD, but if the Kubota dealer was closer and you knew the salesman I would suggest the kubota with HST.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #3  
What gear ranges are on the JD? 2 or 3 ranges??

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #4  
JD 3032 is a 2 range hydro.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #5  
I currently am in the same situation as yourself but I have been told my many different dealers that all the compacts are made overseas even the john deere are made in Korea, there may be some assembly done here in North America but it is a korean made tractor. From what I understand is they are all foreign, your choice should depend on dealer service. I also like getting the best bang for your buck and i have been leaning towards the LS. They seem to have the best bang for your buck, with warranty and such. LS is also the parent company for TYM and Mahyndra (sp?) and as well as New Holland if I am not mistaken.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #6  
Small John Deere tractors are largely sourced from Yanmar in Japan, assembled in Mexico for the US market. Deere has had a relationship with Yanmar for many years. My first tractor operating experience was on a JD 750/Yanmar. An excellent machine. Fully equal to my Kubota today.

Dealer proximity is important. It costs $1.50 per mile to pull a HD trailer behind an HD truck, driven by a driver/mechanic with commercial insurance. So a 50 mile service will cost you at least 50 X 4 = 200 X $1.50 = $300 for transportation. Most dealers will not be willing to transport at cost.

Surely you want a 3-speed HST if you will be doing commercial work.

Please paragraph your future posts. It is a struggle to read blocks.

Last edited:
   / Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #7  
You need to test drive the different brands and models. You will like some better than others. If we all liked the same there wouldn't be so many different brands and models. The onus is on you as to what you like best.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #8  
   / Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #9  
that makes a strong case for the deere. i don't think i would be happy with a 2 speed hydro though. personally I'm a kioti fan and love the hydro, it takes some getting used to but is soooo user friendly. i have the bobcat ct225 which is almost the same tractor as the kioti ck27. (made by same company with different loader and paint. ) i looked at the deeres also before i bought and always thought that was the way i would go. however when you compare the to i felt that the bobcat (kioti) was a better tractor for me regardless of price. also there are still some closeout deals on the bobcats that can be found the last year for them is 2013. i have been very happy with it in all regards.

/ Help !! Trying to decide which new compact tractor to buy #10  
that makes a strong case for the deere. i don't think i would be happy with a 2 speed hydro though. personally I'm a kioti fan and love the hydro, it takes some getting used to but is soooo user friendly. i have the bobcat ct225 which is almost the same tractor as the kioti ck27. (made by same company with different loader and paint. ) i looked at the deeres also before i bought and always thought that was the way i would go. however when you compare the to i felt that the bobcat (kioti) was a better tractor for me regardless of price. also there are still some closeout deals on the bobcats that can be found the last year for them is 2013. i have been very happy with it in all regards.

And the loader does not come off the 3032e