Buying Advice Looking at a Kioti CK30S HST

/ Looking at a Kioti CK30S HST #1  

jimbo832

Tractor
not yet
Hello All,

I'm looking at a KIOTI CK30S HST with a front-end loader to maintain a five acre residence. Is this a good tractor?

/ Looking at a Kioti CK30S HST #2  
First off, welcome to TBN!

Second, yes, I think Kioti makes really nice machines that are one of the best values going right now. There is a Kioti section here where you can read more about the specific model, and you may want to check the Reviews here:Kioti Ck30S HST Reviews - TractorByNet.com

/ Looking at a Kioti CK30S HST #3  
Almost all the compact tractors made now are good machines. You can surf this site and find what other people have liked and disliked about almost all brands.
But from what I have read here, yes, it is a good machine.

/ Looking at a Kioti CK30S HST #4  
Agree most all are good nowadays. I have a CK30 HST and really like it. It has done everything I have asked of it without complaining a bit. I've got over 600 hours and use it mostly for snow removal, landscaping (I got the backhoe too) and to move round bales of hay.

I have had a few very minor issues:
-Negative battery ground seems to need to be cleaned and reattached each fall (or tractor won't start properly).
-Metal hydraulic fluid line that runs from tranny to oil cooler has had weld fail twice due to vibration. (Very long line and solved this by anchoring it in a few spots. It had only been attached at either end so it vibrated).

My list of positives for the tractor is way longer than this list so I would rate it as excellent. If I bought another one I'd LOVE to move up to a DK45 to get the monster lift FEL.

You should think through what uses you will have for your tractor. There is no point over-buying and under-buying is sure to disappoint. Good luck with your research.

Last edited:
   / Looking at a Kioti CK30S HST #5  
Under the Kioti thread, look at the "1000 hour club" posts. Seem to be several 30's in that club. Then check out the posters other posts and you should get a very good idea of what you can expect with that machine. They seem happy to me.:thumbsup:

/ Looking at a Kioti CK30S HST #6  
I have a DK35SE with 420 hrs and have had no problems great tractor and FEL very easy to operate I use a 72" finish mower and a 72" rotary
cutter, a 4ft tiller and 6' box blade with no problem.