looking for a used tractor

/ looking for a used tractor #1  

tractor111

Tractor
John Deere 110 backhoe loader
I am looking to buy a used tractor 40-50 hp diesel for managing 20 acres of pasture needing to pull a bush hog, a tiller and drive an auger
I live in Maine. I do not want to leave the state to buy it. I am hoping to buy for less than $10K
Thanks
Jeff

/ looking for a used tractor #2  
Welcome to TBN! Do you have any brand preferences, or dealers close by that can supply parts/service?

/ looking for a used tractor #4  
Best advice I can offer is to just keep looking/shopping...leave your contact information with all the dealers in your area for trade ins etc..
Good Luck...

/ looking for a used tractor #5  
Massey Ferguson 135 or 150. My 1964 MF135 diesel cost $3600 in 2006 (no FEL) with 4600 hours showing on the meter.

Good luck

/ looking for a used tractor #6  
For $10K, your best bet is a used utility tractor.
I think Craigslist will be your best source.

/ looking for a used tractor #7  
tractorhouse.com

Great deals all over the country, get what you want from anywhere, have it shipped, still save money. My boss got a kubota from northern NY state shipped to us in WV for about $600.

Figuring out which brand/model you want might be the hard part.

/ looking for a used tractor #8  
Welcome to the forum. My advice is to read a lot of threads on here and you will learn a lot. I would also stick with popular brands as they are much easier to sell when you decide you need a different tractor (most people do).
I take care of roughly the same acreage and I have a Kubota L3710 gear. It is 39 hp and I got it within your price range.
One more thing is that I would not look at any tractors without front end loaders and if you can get one with any attachments included it will usually save you money.
You should be able to find a decent tractor in your price range if you are patient.

/ looking for a used tractor #9  
One more thing is that I would not look at any tractors without front end loaders and if you can get one with any attachments included it will usually save you money.
You should be able to find a decent tractor in your price range if you are patient.

He already owns a JD 110 TLB, so having a tractor without a loader should be fine. You'll be able to find plenty of tractors that'll handle your tasks. At least around here you can buy old John Deeres, internationals, fords, etc in that size all day long for 6-10k.

/ looking for a used tractor #10  
Welcome to TBN !

You should be able to get something in that price range - here's one in Farmington Me - 40HP Kubota, which seems like a decent deal. And [parts/service are still around for these machines.

Kubota L3250 40 hp 4x4 tractor and loader