Buying Advice deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60 #1  

dpcub

Tractor
none
Hi Guys.
New to this site and need some advice.
We are in the process of buying a home with 4 acres. The seller has an Ariens max zoom 60 ZTR and would sell this to us. can you give me an idea of how much it is worth? not sure what year it is, but it looks almost new. It has the Kawasaki 26HP engine, which might tell you how old it might be, beacause the new model has the Kohler engine. I know the new model is 4900.00, but has the Kohler 25 HP engine.

I also have a quote from 2 John Deere dealesr for a 1025R, FILB and a 60 inch belly mower for 21,950 and 22,420. I have read most of the post on this site about this, but can you give me an idea of a good price for this tractor.

I have looked at the BX25D, and it is a little cheaper (19,500), but have been leaning toward the deere. I like a lot of the features that the 1025 has.

Both have the 1500 discount included and have 0%, 60 month deal.

Any advice on these would be greatly appreciated

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60 #2  
Dealerships can be a huge factor. Distance & attitude are two components to consider as you will have multiple interactions (for standard maintenance if nothing else) over the next few years. Part of the reason we went with a 1025R FILB was our relationship with the dealer & their service dept. and their proximity.

Nick

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60 #3  
IMHO a ZTR is a one trick pony. It will mow and that is it. The little tractors be they JD, or Kubota will do much more then just cut the grass. Only you know your land and what you want to do with it so it will be up to you to know if that is something you think you need.

Personally I would bet you are going to need at least 1 mower, You say WE so I am guessing there is more then just you, so if that is kids or a wife, usually they want to work in the yard as well, or you want them to be working in the yard....be it your kid mowing while you work on your garden or whatever, I would bet you are going to want a second machine somewhere down the road.

When I sold my mothers place I sold the entire estate....down to the silverware to the guy that was buying the house.....he just rolled everything into the house payment....not sure if that is an option.

But I would bet that you will have a need/want for a machine that will do more then just mow the grass.

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60
I'm sorry, I didn't word that post correctly. I am thinking about the ZTR and the tractor. If the price is right on the Ariens (and that is what I'm hoping someone can help me with), we will buy the ZTR from the seller. I am also wanting to buy the 1025 and need help with that price also. Don't want to pay too much for either one.
Thanks
Cherokee140.... does that name infer an airplane? , because I am in aviation.

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60 #5  
The final price on our 1025r filb last year was $19150 & we did the 60 mo. 0% financing. That price only included tractor/fel/backhoe, no mower (list was $22800 at time of purchase). Your prices sound reasonable.

Nick

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60 #6  
Yes before medical issues I owned a Cherokee 140....loved that little plane. One day I will fly again, just need to get some body work out of the way.

As to the prices, sounds like they are in the ball park....I bought my BX25D back in Feb. and that was about the price of mine without the extra stuff I added on.

My business is inspections and repairs for general aviation. I've owned numerous airplanes, including a franklin powered cub ("dpcub"). I looked at a BX25 and think that is a great tractor also, but there is a JD dealer a few miles from me, and I feel that is also important.

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60 #8  
Yes the dealer is really important....and with these machines being so close it makes even more weight.

/ deere 1025R FILB, Ariens max zoom 60 #9  
Hi dpcub,

Other posters are spot-on, IMO.

What is your experience with these machines? You might really like one or not the other, etc. The zero-turns can't be beat for fast mowing, but that's about all they do. They aren't good on slopes either. And it takes a while to get the knack of not scuffing the turf on hard turns (2 hydraulic wheel motors like a bobcat).

The tractors don't cut as fast, but boy do they do a lot of other stuff. I thought I'd never use my FEL as much as I have. My only regret now is I didn't get one sooner! Also have the 60" MMM (drive-over), and 54" snowblower.

Suggest you drive 'em first before you decide. Can't say much about pricing anymore - bought too long ago.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I have rented equipment and/or hired work done on other properties I've owned, so I know how nice it will be to have a tractor with attachments. It will save a lot of time and money in the long run. I hope to buy the ZTR for mowing because it will be faster, but I also want to buy the tractor for all the other work. Having a mower on the tractor is just an extra that I don't need, but because of the 1500.00 rebate, will make the mower fairly inexpensive.
I would probably use the tractor mower for some of the rougher areas and cut higher, and it would be nice to have a backup if something broke.
I have a quote from a dealer of $21,400 for the tractor with mower, including auto connect, setup, freight, etc. I think this works out to about 17% discount.
Does that sound like a good deal to you guys?