Buying Advice Yanmar 324 TLB

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #1  

jmh139

Tractor
none
I'm looking to buy a Yanmar 324 TLB (loader with the backhoe) in the next week or so, and wanted to see if anyone has bought one and can give me their opinion, I've found only a couple of reviews here and on the Internet. I am getting quoted a price of $20,150 which seems decent. I really like the tractor, but am worried about the newness and lack of reviews. Also if you have an alternative for the same or less price, I would like to hear it.

I have 8 acres, a pond with drainage issues, and a house with sewer issues that need to be worked on. I have been borrowing a friends Kioto 20hp with backhoe and it has been working for me, but need something of my own. Thanks for any help.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #2  
I have a Yanmar LX410 that I am very happy with. It is not the same machine as you are looking at but I feel Yanmar builds a good machine.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #3  
You can get a Kubota BX25 for $20,000 or less. At least you could when I checked prices less than a year ago. I'm sure the Yanmar is an excellent tractor, but the Kubota is a proven tractor and the aftermarket for the Kubota is huge.

What's the difference between the 324 and the 424?

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #4  
The yanmar will be a physically bigger machine than the kubota. You should be able to get a bx25 for about 19k, but it's not going to be the same comparable machine. Yanmar will have a bigger loader, tires and weight in general. If you've got a good dealer for support go for it. I get the feeling yanmar is going to make some noise with the 324 and 424. Good size and priced machine for the market.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #5  
The yanmar will be a physically bigger machine than the kubota. You should be able to get a bx25 for about 19k, but it's not going to be the same comparable machine. Yanmar will have a bigger loader, tires and weight in general. If you've got a good dealer for support go for it. I get the feeling yanmar is going to make some noise with the 324 and 424. Good size and priced machine for the market.

I couldn't get a feel for the size of the 324 and 424 because the weight, lift capacity, tire size, etc. are not listed in the specs on Yanmar's website.

I was going off of HP and PTO HP, which are listed as 23.9 gross, 21.7 net and 18.1 PTO. Those specs are the same for the 324 and the 424, and both of them are listed as sub-compacts.

The BX-25 is listed as 23 gross and 17.7 PTO. The tires on the Yanmars are certainly bigger - more similar to what's on the smaller Kubota "B" series tractors.

The BX-25 weighs 1,587 pounds, but I think that's without the loader or backhoe. I wonder what the 324 and 424 weigh.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #6  
:welcome: to TBN!
I found the weights on tractordata.....the 324 weighs in at 1715, and the 424 is 1900+....unsure of where the difference comes from. As they have just been introduced, I would expect the spec sheets to be forthcoming here soon.
I deal with several Yanmar dealers, and they are all impressed with the new lineup. I was told the lift capacity of the 324/424, but can't remember it, I know it was considerably higher than my SC2400.
With the 5 year powertrain warranty, they should be right in the mix with other premium manufacturers.
I've got 2 Yanmars, and very happy with both of them.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB
Thanks for all the advise everyone. Trying to make my decision between the 324 and the Kioti CK2510 now.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #8  
check out the Mahindra line as well. Really good machines in your price range.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #9  
The 2450 weighs in at 2500 lbs.
Thinking the 324 is the same machine.
I am interested in trading to the 424 because,of,the lifting capacity, 700 for,the 2450 vs 1200 for the 424.

Thinking hard on the 424, trying to locate a price.

/ Yanmar 324 TLB #10  
This is what Yanmar sent me.
Not sure it is what you are looking for.
Per a spec sheet sent by Yanmar...
Tractor weighs in at almost 2000 lbs without FEL or BH.
Lift on FEL is called out at 1199 lbs but videos say 1200 plus.

I can't seem to post the brochure, I can e-mail it though.
Give me your e-mail is you want it ?