Buying Advice Help deciding between two tractors

/ Help deciding between two tractors #1  

mb1986

Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1
Looking for a little help to potentially sway me one way or the other on a couple of used tractors I'm considering. A little bit on what I'll be using the tractor for: general landscaping around our 1 1/2 acre property, maintaining our gravel driveway, snow removal, putting in some food plots at our hunting land, maybe some light brush clearing and firewood hauling at the hunting land as well. My original thought was to buy new (I was looking at the Kioti CK20 and Mahindra Max 22), however we decided with a newborn a new minivan might be the "more practical" use of our funds at the moment. However I did get the ok to buy something a bit cheaper for now, with the thought being that I can always trade it in on something down the road.

So after scouring Craigslist for the last few weeks, I've come up with two front runners. The first being a Massey Ferguson 35 for $3,495: Massey ferguson 35 tractor,with full hydrolic loader,runs great, I've spoken with the owner and he confirmed that it's the gas model and in pretty decent overall shape. The second being an IH 2444 for $4,600: International 2444 Loader Tractor, I haven't been able to get in touch with the place that has this for sale yet. He seems a bit high on price though, especially factoring in I'd have to pay sales tax compared to others on Craigslist. Both have most of the features I'm looking for, however I really like the fact that the IH has power steering.

My dad's had an old Ford 8N for years, so the thought of running and maintaining an older tractor is fine with me. However the thought of running the Massey with no power steering for any kind of extensive loader work makes my arms tired just thinking about it. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these models that could push me one way or the other? Depending upon how they look in person I may move on from both (problem is I'm located right in between each of them, so driving to see both in the same day is probably out), but my hope is to get something before the snow starts falling.

/ Help deciding between two tractors #2  
If the Massey has power steering that's the way I would go...doing loader work without PS can be a real chore...
Good Luck with whatever you decide on...

/ Help deciding between two tractors
Sorry, should have clarified. The owner of the Massey confirmed it does not have power steering, only the IH has it.

/ Help deciding between two tractors #5  
Having owned a IH 444(ag version of 2444) and operated a MF 35, the International is the better equipped tractor.

/ Help deciding between two tractors #6  
I would tend towards a diesel.

/ Help deciding between two tractors #7  
I have a Yanmar 276D with a loader and no p/s. Once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. In really tight areas, I lift the front with the bucket and turn the wheels. Is p/s better? Of course. I'm 67 and can handle the tractor just fine.

/ Help deciding between two tractors #8  
In my experience a suicide knob is mandatory for a tractor with manual steering. But I've never used a manual steer tractor with a FEL.