Ls vs kioti

/ Ls vs kioti #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Hey all, I'm looking to purchase another tractor and I'm stuck between a xr3037hc ls and a dk 40 with cab. Both hydros. Just trying to see which one people like better. Thanks.

/ Ls vs kioti #2  
Hey all, I'm looking to purchase another tractor and I'm stuck between a xr3037hc ls and a dk 40 with cab. Both hydros. Just trying to see which one people like better. Thanks.

Don't matter what we think, you need to sit I each one and decide for yourself.:)

/ Ls vs kioti #3  
Just went thru the same dilemma on a LS XR4046HC and the Kioti NX##10 series. Decided to go with LS because of "free" extras like rear hydraulic remotes, rear wiper, radio, the 5 year warranty (vs. 4 year on Kioti). Also like the LS dealer in my area better (and who offered a better deal) than the Kioti dealers. However, the Kioti had a slightly nicer interior, more electronic features (like linked hst and auto PTO) and the exterior 3PH lever is nice. Some people might say to get the DK40 if you can still find one with Tier 3 emissions, hydro and cab. I'd go with the one you like best from both a tractor and dealer perspective.

I personally decided to go up a model too (to the larger XU5065CPS) because although the engine is Tier 4, it doesn't have a DPF and larger everything mitigates risk of needing "more" tractor to bale hay, higher lift capacity, etc. if/when it is needed. Depending on your needs and budget, the larger XR40/46 engines and (IIRC) larger wheels may be worth a look too.

/ Ls vs kioti #4  
If that size tractor fits your needs, you can't make a bad choice between those two. When I was buying, my two finalists were the LS XR4046HC and the Kioti DK50SE HST-C. It was pretty much a coin flip, but I wound up buying the Kioti.

I'd recommend spending some time on both tractors. Study the ergonomics and see which one works better for you. For example, look at where the loader levers for the hydraulic remotes are located. Find anything that doesn't work for you with a particular one, and that may help make your decision.

Also look at how to do the typical things that you will do frequently, such as checking fluids, cleaning the radiator screen, etc. Some of the little things can become points of aggravation after a while.

Finally, the dealer might make the decision. If one is better than the other, I'd go with with better dealer.

/ Ls vs kioti #5  
Yep, you pays your money and you takes your choice.:) The majority of folks that have the LS's are happy with them, and the majority of people that have the Kioti's are happy with them.. There are some differences.. in a general size group, I believe the Kioti loaders lift a bit higher, and may have a bit more lift capability, and they do have that exterior 3pt lever, that I actually use a lot.. but it is all pretty minor things, you just have to decide if you like blue or orange better.:D

/ Ls vs kioti #6  
Those are both going to be down on power if you run the A/C. My dealer said he wouldn't order anything under a DK50 or XR4046 with a cab unless the buyer was absolutely certain, and never for a model on the lot.

Between the two, the only major negative for either is that the LS loader has a lot less lift (10-11" as I recall) and that can cause problems. On my LS R4047 I could barely load a 30yd rolloff dumpster, or my neighbors 5yd dump truck....it was just barely possibly which meant you had to go slower, and be more deliberate, which cuts into productivity.

/ Ls vs kioti #7  
Three things that swayed me toward the Kioti. I was much more comfortable on the kioti and all the controls felt like they were placed exactly right for me and the loader was a bit stronger as well as loading our dump with the LS would be a constant challenge but the Kioti has just enough lift height to do it with ease. The third thing was that the LS didn't seem to be able to use high range with any real effectiveness on the two LS 3037's that I test drove. Both machines were the same and required me to really feather the pedal and by the time they were able to get any speed up I could have gotten there faster in 2nd.

/ Ls vs kioti #8  
Just FYI, the two tractors you are comparing aren't really comparable. The DK40 is the next size up from the XR3037. Bigger frame, tires, and much stronger loader.

Size & HP would put the xr4040 next to the DK40, the the Kioti loader is still better in that size.

/ Ls vs kioti #9  
Both are great tractors, but are the dealerships equal in service......just in case?

/ Ls vs kioti #10  
Those are both going to be down on power if you run the A/C. My dealer said he wouldn't order anything under a DK50 or XR4046 with a cab unless the buyer was absolutely certain, and never for a model on the lot.

Between the two, the only major negative for either is that the LS loader has a lot less lift (10-11" as I recall) and that can cause problems. On my LS R4047 I could barely load a 30yd rolloff dumpster, or my neighbors 5yd dump truck....it was just barely possibly which meant you had to go slower, and be more deliberate, which cuts into productivity.

The A/C does NOT affect my power at all on my 3037. Just keeps humming along mowing......