Price Check Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers?

/ Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers?
rlgustafson. I have a lot of irregular shaped areas that I mow. The lift type is the better option than the pull type. I have a 10' pull type disk and it is awkward to use in tight spots.

I like the Bush Hog 2008 and 3008. I dont like the $5k-$6k price. For $3k-$4k I can have a NEW 12' batwing! The hunt continues...

CT

/ Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers? #12  
I see that you are in La. but the Sunbelt Ag expo in Moultrie Ga Oct. 14 thru 16 one of largest ag shows around most all brands will be there great deals are given at show have you looked at Brown.

/ Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers? #13  
The problem I would worry about on something like the TRI, which I've never heard of, is whether I would be able to find parts for it in a few years. You know that Bush Hog, Rhino, Woods, Land Pride parts will be there. Some of the lesser brands might be a sketchy, but maybe not.

Website said TRI had been manufacturing equipment since 1984.

CT

/ Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers? #15  
purchased a Rhino turbo 8' twin several yrs ago....5700 in my area. bullet proof in every way. 2000# cat 2 really like the double walled deck, class act. be sure to check all gear oil levels before using, for some reason, manufacturers always seem to ship them with just trace... regards

/ Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers? #16  
I looked at a 7ft. TRI cutter a few weeks ago when I was out shopping. It seemed to be built a lot heavier than the bushhog and Howse units that were there. I liked that the TRI unit had the sides fabricated from 8" C Channel instead of formed sheetmetal.

The TRI does seem heavy. It has sparked my attention!

CT

The TRI does seem heavy. It has sparked my attention!

CT

/ Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers? #19  
I also have a Bushog 3008 "Semimount" I bought used awhile back for $3,200. Hated to spend that but cheaper used rigs were pretty junky and this mows real well, and is built very heavy. I originally ran it behind my Kubota L4400HST but under thick grass cutting the Kubota wouldn't handle it and would heat up.

I sold the L4400 because of this and bought a used Kioti RX6010 Cab (60HP gross, 50PTO), and its handles it very well. Just shows that a little underhorspower can be a problem when the going gets tough.

/ Anyone Priced 8' Twin Spindle Mowers? #20  
Tell me where you can get a NEW 12ft. Batwing.....I'll drive there tomorrow!