Need tractor

/ Need tractor #1  

Kgtractorlady

Tractor
Case
I need to buy a tractor, bush hog ,front end loader for my fairly level 5 acres. Don't want to mortgage the house to buy it! So what is a good make,model ? Here is the tough part (don't laugh!)....want to stay under $10,000 if possible.
Thanks for any advice

/ Need tractor #2  
For your budget, you are looking at used for sure for all your equipment listed.
I would look at Kubota used as there are likely many more to choose from and finding one in good shape might be easier than other brands. For 5 acres, a B model in 23XX to 26XX HP would serve you well. For 5 acres, you don't need more than 26 HP model of whatever brand you find. Craigslist might be the best place to find an used bush hog and even a tractor but beware of super deals as they are likely just scammers. Never buy a tractor unseen, or shipped to you after a paypal or other supposedly safe transaction. Scammers know how to put up fake PayPal accounts and otherwise. If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS.

Tractorhouse.com will give you some idea of what folks are ASKING but not necessarily what they are selling for. Search around your area by using the tractorhouse search by zipcode and within driving distance to see what is locally available.

/ Need tractor #3  
Your local dealers might have some used tractors in stock from trade ins and may even give you a short term warranty, so don't forget to check them out. Even if they don't have one at present, tell them what you are needing and they might contact you when the get a trade in.

/ Need tractor #4  
At that PRICE ($10,000) try to find a good used one from someone retiring from a small acreage farm,you might get lucky and find everything you need. The added benefit will be the price!!!

/ Need tractor #5  
I agree with the other posters. At $10,000 or less, you should be able to find an older Kubota B series, such as a B7500 or somesuch, with an FEL. Or a Kubota BX of more recent vintage. The little BX Kubotas are smaller and have less HP and lift capacity, but are still very capable little tractors that will do more work than their size would lead you to believe.

/ Need tractor #6  
Everybody should have that need I think your from tenn. and for all that you want would have to go used sometimes farm auctions or should I say tractor auctions depending on location where I live in Fl. small tractors or CUTS, SCUTS are at a premium but in large farming areas big tractors is what sells you can go on craigslist and look around the country Good Luck.