E-Bay question

/ E-Bay question #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
Hi there, Im looking to purchase something from E Bay. (auto machine) My question is should I not consider a company who has twice in the last month failed to reply to a question :thumbdown::thumbdown:I sent and asked them??
I simple asked what the support would be in the future if parts were needed.
I also took the company name and tried to find a website for them. All I could find was that there was a company named XXXXX autp parts.
Which makes me wonder. first off they are probably into allot more than just my one particular item.
Id understand the slow responds but this has been no response at all
Thanks

/ E-Bay question
Good point. I usually just look for the highest .here is a shot of what they have. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.PNG
I find auto parts seems to have allot of bad reviews.(wrong parts etc) but then I know how it is in the 'real time world' its just not an exact science.
I reciently purchased a transmission fitting that listed as the right part, and also a y tube video showed the part number(gm) however it wasn't going to fit. it was luckily only 3,33 dollars so it wasn't much of a concern to try to fix it. And I also was able to use dthe spring clip it came with. So I was pleased. But now I look at the package and it says it had two in the package. So on one hand I assume they split the package. And if so thats all fine. but then I wondered if they just threw another (wrong part in the package ,knowing i wouldn't return it.
So all and all I've had good luck. But this one Im thinking i should spend the extra 150 dollars and get one from the company I bought the machine from before. I know they only make these items. (wheel balance)
Thing is I would at least expect a reply they could easily shirt the question or outright lie..
At this time I can only assume as they undercut the other by hundreds, that they aren't a good choice..

I understand that reviews themselves should be reviewed themselves. As the buyer or reader of the reviews need to know some people are just malicious , or just plan never pleasing. people .
A true review will give me or the reader a scale in which to make our own determination. Also if we read the reviews then we gain insight.

/ E-Bay question #4  
I agree with brin, I'd be cautious if you cannot get service elsewhere. If the product is bad, then ebay will help but I wouldn't count on them for service after the sale if they're not responding to you before the sale.
:2cents:

Good luck.

/ E-Bay question #5  
No response before the sale? Don't expect it to get better if there's a problem after the sale.

Bought two $100 + wheel bearings form an on line site saving $50 each over local supply even when purchasing (and paying extra for) the American made bearing with a 1 year & x,xxx mile warranty MFG warranty. Both bearings failed in less than 6 months and nowhere near the mileage stated in the warranty. Contacted the dealer website twice, no response. Looked up details on the dealer website and saw they only offer replacements for 90 days.

Contacted the MFG through their website and they said I had to go through the dealer. Asked if they would contact the dealer about backing the warranty. Basically was told to go suck eggs. Expensive lesson learned. Also will never buy another T*mk*n Bearing product before he!! freezes over.

/ E-Bay question
WOW sorry to hear this.And im assuming that there is really now long term evals for these company's,All they have to do is please you enough to give a good review. I learned this the hard way. a small item I got I thought it looked fine, i gave a good review as they always seem to want one right away.(now i know why)lol I had given a good review and the next day tried to mount it and it literally fell apart when I tried to mount it. BUT, on the other hand Ive had far more honest and god dealings online (ebay).In this case I have an EAGLE mounter and they were very good overall and also when I called with a 'stupid' question. So that's allot to me.At this point its worth the extra 150 dollars over the other one.
No response before the sale? Don't expect it to get better if there's a problem after the sale.

Bought two $100 + wheel bearings form an on line site saving $50 each over local supply even when purchasing (and paying extra for) the American made bearing with a 1 year & x,xxx mile warranty MFG warranty. Both bearings failed in less than 6 months and nowhere near the mileage stated in the warranty. Contacted the dealer website twice, no response. Looked up details on the dealer website and saw they only offer replacements for 90 days.

Contacted the MFG through their website and they said I had to go through the dealer. Asked if they would contact the dealer about backing the warranty. Basically was told to go suck eggs. Expensive lesson learned. Also will never buy another T*mk*n Bearing product before he!! freezes over.

/ E-Bay question #7  
It seems as you have your doubts already I don't think I would give them the chance to confirm them.