Looking for a tractor

/ Looking for a tractor #1  

Big perm

Tractor
I don't
Hello
Live in RI have a two acre lot that needs to be maintained for future home site rough mowing and moving dirt and rocks etc around
Plus another acre for my own home and to mow a few fields 3-5 acre fields brush cutting etc
Suggestions
I have found an 2008 l4240 with 1400 hrs near me and an 2008 l3240 with 600 and an l3940 2012 new
Am I going to big
Just would rather have hp than not have it but is this going to be a giant pumpkin in my yard
Thank you
Cash buyer

/ Looking for a tractor #2  
Welcome to TBN
I owned a L3130 which was replaced by the L3240,currently have a L4240 and a friend has a L3940 so I am familiar with all of your options.
The biggest difference is in loaders,the 854 on the L4240 is more powerfull than the 723's on the other two tractors.
Of those three for your uses,probably the new L3940 but if the other two have current service records they are a viable option.
All depends on how much you want to spend and if you prefer more lifting capacity.All three are very good tractors.

/ Looking for a tractor #3  
These are still considered compact utility tractors and are extremely good units . I don't believe you can get a mmm with an L model. but you will be happy with any one of them good luck

/ Looking for a tractor #4  
I have the 3130, love it. All of these tractors are Grand L's and they do have mid mount pto capability.

/ Looking for a tractor #5  
You're not going to want to mow your yard with any of those tractors. For mowing a couple of acres or 3-5 acre tracts, any of them would be fine. But you may want to leave some money in your budget for a mower to mow your yard.

For other work, I'd probably lean towards the L3940 because (a) it's new and should have a warranty, (b) it's a Tier 3 tractor with none of the emissions junk that is on the new ones, and (c) it should have (I think) the latest and greatest HST+ transmission.

/ Looking for a tractor #6  
I have a 3240 and it is a touch too big to mow with. It tears up the yard when turning in 4 x 4 or not. I will get a zero turn some day. For rough cutting I use a 6' cutter and had a few more HP. When the field gets too high I have to slow down. The 3540 or 3940 would have been great if I could have found one in my price range. Same frame just more hp.

/ Looking for a tractor #7  
There is a weight that can be reached in a tractor that will rut your yard if the yard is mildly soft from rain.