2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m

/ 2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m #1  

joe0189

Tractor
Kubota M8560
Saw a press release on Deere's website that there were significant changes coming. DEF fluid, greater power, better cab, etc etc. A new hood is apparently in the mix. Anyone seen any pics? Pricing?

/ 2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m #3  
Wow they did away with the 5cyl in favor of the 3cyl 2.9? Interesting to say the least.

/ 2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m
Here's a link to the news release. It sounds like DPF for the 5075m and DEF for the rest of the 5m lineup, and a bunch of lipstick thrown in to justify the inevitable price increase.

John*Deere Announces Changes to 5M Utility Tractors

References a bunch of bells and whistles, many I like. But it also references a new low sloped hood. That mixed with LED work lights and changes to the sunshade/loader window could make this tractor look significantly different. It may not be noticeable or it may.

I'm likely to wait for the 2015 either way because I've had good luck with every diesel I run being more efficient with DEF fluid, the improved power curve, and the improvements to the cab. But I am curious what it will look like. They may have to clear more 2014 inventory before we will know.

Thanks for the input and help.

/ 2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m #5  
My Kubota dealer told me 12% price increase when def rolls around...

/ 2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m #6  
Scuse my ignorance, but would somebody explain what DEF and DPF fluids are?

Thanks,
Mark

/ 2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m #7  
Wow they did away with the 5cyl in favor of the 3cyl 2.9? Interesting to say the least.

May have been in support of the new sloping hood or it could be engine efficiency. I guess when you see one you can guesstimate what the hood would look like with the 5 cyl.

Mark

/ 2015 MY changes to the John Deere 5085m #8  
Scuse my ignorance, but would somebody explain what DEF and DPF fluids are?

Thanks,
Mark

Diesel exhuast fulid = DEF and Diesel particular filter = DPF