Tractor News new engine lineups

/ new engine lineups #1  

cbmedic

Tractor
LS G3038H
Hi folks, I have been recently deciding about buying a tractor and have been speaking with numerous dealers, then the last one I was speaking with, an LS dealer, informed me that starting in January 2015, all makes of tractors will be no longer using naturally aspirated engines, and they will be switching over to a more computerized turbo engine. He said LS for example will no longer use mistubishi engines and if I would like to have a simpler engine then I should buy a 2014 model now or asap because the price will be going up as well. I am asking if anyone else has heard about this. The dealers I spoke with before him never mentioned a thing about this and I tried searching the web and didnt find much about this, so I m wondering if this is a sales ploy that he is using. I live in NS Canada.

I priced a LS g3033H and a Kioti CK 35H and the final price was about $6000 cheaper for the Kioti. There doesnt seem to be much of a difference between the two tractors so with that much of a difference I will probably be buying Kioti. Plus I have heard really good things about the Kioti dealer and have heard mixed reviews on the LS dealer. What are some of your opinions on these tractors.

Thanks

Andy

/ new engine lineups #2  
Don't know what LS is doing but at a certain date in US all diesel eng will be Tier 4 Final for emission. This will add 3 to 5 thousand dollars to price of tractor probably no matter what the brand a lot of people are scrambling around trying to get no tier 4 engines before they are gone. Can't speak to what Canada and other countries are doing.

/ new engine lineups #3  
I priced a LS g3033H and a Kioti CK 35H and the final price was about $6000 cheaper for the Kioti. There doesnt seem to be much of a difference between the two tractors so with that much of a difference I will probably be buying Kioti. Plus I have heard really good things about the Kioti dealer and have heard mixed reviews on the LS dealer. What are some of your opinions on these tractors.

Thanks

Andy
That is really strange. LS dealers are usually a bit cheaper here in the states than any other brand and by no means should an equivalent tractor be that much higher. Maybe LS is quoting a Tier 4 engine and Kioti an interim tier 4 or maybe he is just price gouging you. Is there another LS dealer anywhere around you. Perhaps a phone call to some other LS dealer might get you a better quote which you could then get your local dealer to match. If not, the nothing wrong with buying from an out of town dealer.
LS tractors usually have a few options as standard that you pay extra for on other tractors like rear remotes for one.

/ new engine lineups #4  
LS has already begun switching out tractors for tier 4 emissions requirements.

The tier3 R series has been replaced by the tier 4 XR series with different engines than the R. Likewise with the U series, replaced by XU.

Most tractor makers are doing this as well.

Not site about the turbo thing tho ... that's the first time I've heard of that.

I have also heard that the engine output size will determine whether or not tier 4 emissions requirements will apply (example, under 25hp) ... Not sure if that's accurate tho.

/ new engine lineups #5  
This could just be something in Canada. It is a different country right?:D