boomer 35/ls3039H

/ boomer 35/ls3039H #1  

terryknight

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5055E,Kubota B2650
I was volunteering at the St Michael's Concours 2014 St. Michaels Concours d' Elegance - Official Site . a local tractor dealer (Kioti and NH) donated the use of two tractors, a Boomer 30 and a Boomer 35. I got the opportunity to drive the Boomer 35 (same as the LS 3039H I believe, correct me if that's wrong). It had 1.6 hrs when i started and i used it for an hour and a half or so (the Boomer 30 had 38 hours on it, i think it get used/demoed for lots of things). No FEL, use the 3 PH to move lots of boats on trailers and a few other things.

I though i would give me thoughts. These are my thoughts and you may not agree. I think it's a great size physically reminds me of slightly bigger JD 750 which I really like. The motor is very smooth and has plenty of power (38 HP), maybe too much. The steering was flat out the best I have ever used, like butter. It had side by side pedals which i like a **** of a lot more than the treadle pedal on a Kubota. Brakes were on the left I surprised myself how quickly i got used to them. I'm 6'2-3" 215lbs the operators station was a little cramped, I wish the seat was 2" farther back. I wish the steering wheel were slightly smaller, it feels good in my hands, but it's too close to me, if the seat were farther back I doubt it would matter. I hated the stupid alarm when getting on and off the tractor without setting the parking brake, yes it stops beeping, but i doubt want it to beep to begin with. I was on and off the tractor alot, I knew the brake wasn't on, I hated the beeping, do I need to say it again? The FEL joystick was at a strange angle to me too far to the right, i think that is easily remedied with a different piece of flat stock bent towards the inside and towards my knee. Those are all fairly minor things two big issues that presented themselves were the trans and the 3PH. Maybe these problems are because it is so new, but the 3 PH was very jerky going up, not a good feeling when trying to hookup to very expensive boats. The Hydrostatic trans was AWFUL. It was extremely jerky in both medium and high range, never used low. When going forward/backward I had to be very slow and deliberate slowing down and removing my foot from the pedal or it would jerk to a stop. Trying to hook up it was very jerky trying to move an inch or two to hook up, maybe it was because it was new, maybe it had to do with how stiff the pedals were. I couldn't stand it, give me a clutch any day of the week.

I thought I had more photos of the tractors, boats, but I don't. You can see the boats on the left, there were 12 boats

The boomer 30 pulling a big boat, steering was done with the brakes, every bump would lift the front tires

/ boomer 35/ls3039H #2  
Looks like fun wish somebody would loan me a tractor to pull wheelies with just kidding. some extra weight on front end would have been nice FEL would have gotten in way. On my hst Kubota smooth as butter at room temp. I have gotten use to rocker control pedal. on second thought a larger tractor would have probably been better.:cool2:

/ boomer 35/ls3039H
Or a smaller boat... But that was one of the sponsors are had to be there...

Our BX has a jerky trans but only in reverse and only high range, I've gotten use to it still don't think it's right. The Kubota L4310 at the farm is smooth

/ boomer 35/ls3039H #4  
How high did you set the RPM's? Those HST transmissions smooth out a bunch with more revs & hydro flow

/ boomer 35/ls3039H
both idle and 15-1600. both were real jerky (our BX is jerky in reverse at any engine speed) curious if it would smooth out with more hours and the engine and pumps break in

/ boomer 35/ls3039H #6  
both idle and 15-1600. both were real jerky (our BX is jerky in reverse at any engine speed) curious if it would smooth out with more hours and the engine and pumps break in

Those HST's like 2000+

/ boomer 35/ls3039H
if you say so. none of the other HST i have ever used (exception our little BX in reverse) has ever had a jerky trans at any engine speed. i wish i had gotten a chance on the other tractor to see if it was better. I'm hoping it was just that it was newer and the parts would break in and smooth out

/ boomer 35/ls3039H #8  
I'd describe the hydro on my R3039H as a little "tight" for the first 50 hours or so. This is compared to my trusty and well used John Deere 325 garden tractor hydro.

Now with over 120 hours on the clock, the 3039H is just fine. Nothing jerky at all, and actually, it was never jerky to begin with.:thumbsup: