Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made?

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made? #1  

Bob_Skurka

Back in the 40's, 50's and even up into the early 1970's there were small agricultural crawlers tractors made by Cletrac, Oliver, JD, Bristol, Cat, International and several other firms.

I know that New Holland makes a true crawler tractor today, it looks like a Boomer series tractor, but is in the neighborhood of 75hp. And there are some very large crawler tractors made as well.

Are there any modern day SMALL AGRICULTURAL crawler tractors made? I am not talking about trac-conversions that are available on some tractors that simply replace the wheels (some are available from the manufacturer and others are aftermarket). And I am not interested in the mini-bulldozers like Magnatrac.

What I would like to buy is a small crawler, perhaps 25 to 35 hp, with a real 3pt hitch, a low center of gravity, and a standard 540pto.

Anyone know if such a thing is still made?

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made? #2  
Bob, I have seen some Chinese made tractors in Northern Tool, and some other places for about $15,000. I have opined on these pages before that if any of the "big three" manufacturers could bring out a machine like you described for less than $20,000, they would sell a boat load of them.
Will

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made? #4  
Here's the link to the Nortrac dozer. 30HP, Cat 1 3ph, 540 pto, just like you ordered. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

$15K with free shipping.

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made?
Woodbeef, the SAME ROCK looks to be what I am talking about! Maybe a bit too big for what I want, but the concept is right on the money. It is very similar to the New Holland crawler. I'd like something a bit smaller.

There are lots of cheap DOZER tractors out there, and Nortrac is one of them (as are a bunch of other Chinese imports), but that is NOT what I am looking for. I don't want a dozer. I want a real agricultural tractor that just happens to have tracks instead of wheels. They don't compress the soil and you can work on steep side slopes because their center of gravity is low (unlike the Chinese/Nortrac dozers). Most are made for orchard use, and most are bigger than I want, but I think the SAME ROCK is getting pretty close!

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made? #7  
These start at about 50 hp.

landini

J.D.

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made? #8  
Bob, I have replied to others peoples post similar to your post in the past. My neighbor has had a compact crawler for years. He can go places I would not even dare to go with a tractor of any size. He does look a little silly sitting on that oversized pedal looking toy, he has the real small one but it sure can get the work done. It is a Magnatrac brand crawler and it is USA Made.

George

Official Magnatrac® Crawler Tractor site!

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made?
George, do those have a standard 3 point hitch?

I looked at their website and I simply could not tell.

They are awefully small, even the biggest one is more in line with a little MTD or Craftsman lawn tractor than a CUT, and they look pretty crudely built.

But I'm guessing they do the job based on what you say about your neighbor. However, I think I'd prefer something like an International T5 from the 1960's. The Same and NH crawlers are really what I like, but those are much larger than I'd consider.

/ Any modern compact CRAWLER tractors made? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( These start at about 50 hp.

landini

J.D. )</font>

Bob, did you look at these that JacknCoke posted? I didn't see you comment on them.

Andy