Demo Pricing

/ Demo Pricing #11  
I think what Del means is the demo tractors do not get any 3 point lift work.

This subject makes me wonder about something, when you buy a new pickup or SUV the owners manual cautions you not to use it for trailer towing until the vehicle has attained a certain number of miles. In the case of my Yukon XL, that was 500 miles.

The manual for my JD has no cautions about using a new tractor for heavy pulling when it is brand new, do the tractor makers know something the automakers don't? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Demo Pricing #12  
<font color="blue"> If a dealer lends out a tractor to a farmer for a period of time can they still sell it "as new or like new" to someone else? </font>

My take on the original question is that the tractor was used by the farmer as a test unit, perhaps with the dealer thinking the farmer would buy it, and the farmer perhaps also thinking he would buy it buy it, but for whatever reason the farmer did not buy it...but used it for thirty hours.

In my mind the first 50 hours are the most important AND the most costly.

If one bought a new tractor and used it for only 30 hours and tried to sell/trade it, how many bucks would he lose on the deal? 30 x 10 = $300? unlikely. I might actually cost one $100 dollars per hour to use a new tractor for 30 hours and then sell/trade it off.

Did you person who the tractor was loaned to treat it properly during break in? Was it ran hard from hour one?

Frankly, I would fear buying a tractor that was loaned and used by someone for 30 hours, much more than I would worry about buying one from an owner who had one for a year and had 100 or 150 hours on it.

I might be an idealist, but the first 50 hours of break in are very important to me, especially if I am intending to keep the tractor for a lifetime. If I were only going to keep it for a few years and then trade it on something else, that would be a different story...

Personally, if I could not get at least a $40 per hour price reduction (actuallly I would need more than that I think) on a loaner tractor with 30 hours on the meter, I would buy new, with 1 hour on the meter.

And remember, if it is a tach-driven hour meter, the tractor could have many more actual hours of use on it, if it was not worked at full pto rpm for the number of hours shown.

/ Demo Pricing
This is exactly my point. Who knows if the tractor was only used in parades, or making new roads in the woods? Yooper farmers are known for their resourcefulnes - I am thinking that the tractor was not babied for a minute. The tractor was advertised in the paper - I have not yet made the 1.25 hour drive each way to go see it.

Yooper Dave

/ Demo Pricing #14  
Re: Demo Pricing (off topic)

Which helicopter net are you talking about? Radio control like RC universe or RunRyder? Just started learning to fly an RC helicopter, quite the challenge?