Dealer VN Tractors

/ VN Tractors #1  

RAM4171

Tractor
LS XR4150H
Happy Friday All!
This is my first post. I've done some lurking around here and a lot of great info so I thought I'd join. I do not have a tractor yet. I just moved out to the farm, tree farm that is, in near East Texas on 35 acres al I have is a 16 hp lawn tractor and I work the heck out of that so I'm looking to get a mid size CUT hopefully within the next six months. Does anyone know about VN tractors in Mesquite. I do know that they are reconditioned Japanese and Korean tractors. They have what appear to be killer deals and was just wandering if they were too good to be true. I had been kind of set on a new LS from RCO in Greenville, but I came across an add on CL and thought that I'd ask you fine folks. Would I be better off buying new Or do you think I would be better of saving the money on a reconditioned from VN? This will be my first "real" tractor and I need it to last a long time. By the way my land is in the post oak belt of East Texas and is untouched except for sever hundred yards of trails that I have cut so far, I will be doing mostly logging type work with a little digging and box blade work. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

/ VN Tractors #2  
I don't have any experience with either one.

What I've seen, RCO seems like a stand up organization. Buyer be ware seems to apply to the other!

/ VN Tractors #3  
Welcome to TBN....

Don't know about VN Tractors but if it were me I'd go with an LS from RCO (or any name brand tractor assembled in the US) over a reconditioned foreign tractor. Heard lots of good things on here about them.

/ VN Tractors #4  
Go with the LS from RCO in Greenville. I almost bought an LS from them and the main guy there (can't remember his name - Dave??) was a great guy who dealt with me honestly and fairly. I'd be happy to buy a tractor from them. And LS makes good tractors that are spoken of highly on this forum. And RCO has fair prices too.

I shopped at VN and don't have anything bad to say about them, but just didn't get any warm and fuzzies from them. I was shopping their Tym tractors, not their reconditioned gray market tractors. If you think about needing service on your tractor, you'll likely decide to by from RCO.

/ VN Tractors
Thanks for all of the replies and advice everyone. this is kind of what I was thinking. If it's too good to be true it probably is. I'm still at least six months away from purchasing.

/ VN Tractors #6  
Welcome to TBN!

Before I bought my LS from a local dealer, I talked/e-mailed with the folks at RCO several times. They were very responsive, prompt, and gave me straight answers....very impressive. The first time I talked to them, they said that if there was a local LS dealer, I should talk to them first, but if I wasn't happy with the local dealer, they would be happy to work with me. In the end their price after shipping was close, but not quite as good as the local dealer, so I went with the local dealer (figured that was only fair since they would be doing any warranty work if needed). If I was going to buy another LS, and there wasn't a decent local dealer to work with, I'd order from RCO in a heartbeat.

Since you need your machine to last a long time, I'd stick with something new, and not a rebuilt grey market tractor....just not worth the potential hassle.

That reminds me that RCO is, or was, also a Yanmar dealer, and they are another quality brand worth considering. LS, Kioti, Yanmar, and TYM are all right up there in quality and value without the elevated prices from some of the other brands.

/ VN Tractors #7  
One way to be sure is to try to find some people that have bought from this VN place. Not people the dealer sends you to but to real regular Joes. This is one of the great things about CL in that the adds are free. Just put one out asking about how their machines stood up.

So far I have found that most tractor people are helpful and will give you how they really feel about their machines.

Personally I have bought FACTORY refirbs before and have had no problems....but that was buying from the original people that made the thing....I have no idea what VN is....at first I was thinking it was some machine made in Vietnam.