Price Check Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki #1  

caddycaddy10

Tractor
68 sears suburban
Hi, longtime time lurker first time poster.

I have a question as I am looking for something safer from my Sears Suburban so that the GF can snow blow at times when I am not home. Living in the UP of Michigan we can get hammered any time.

So here are my options:

new 2013 demo Simplicity Legacy XL 4wd with Kawasaki & 2 stage snowblower for $12720 out the door

or a 09 flawlessly kept X728 with 47 inch blower and soft cab with a hard top just under 100 hrs for $11000

I like the size of the Deere, but think it maybe hard to pass up a new machine with warranty for a little bit more

Pros and Cons?

Thanks

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki #2  
Both are excellent options. I don't think you can make a bad choice here. But you may be able to make a better choice between the two.

I think you and your "GF" should operate each machine for more than a couple of minutes to determine if one is more comfortable or ergonomically better than the other.

Please let us know what you settle on.

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki
We are going to check them out tomorrow . I am leaning towards the deere because it's cheaper and has a weather enclosure already as well as being fuel injected. But who knows what I we will find as far comfort/ergonomics etc.

I know deere will be there forever but I wonder about simplicity in say 15-20yrs I wonder if they will be sold and lose there quality down the road taking the dealer network with them

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki #4  
We are going to check them out tomorrow . I am leaning towards the deere because it's cheaper and has a weather enclosure already as well as being fuel injected. But who knows what I we will find as far comfort/ergonomics etc.

I know deere will be there forever but I wonder about simplicity in say 15-20yrs I wonder if they will be sold and lose there quality down the road taking the dealer network with them

Simpicity is owned by Briggs and Stratton, They ain't going anywhere.

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki
I know Briggs owes them but in this age of companies being bought and sold all the time I always wonder long term .

So I looked at the ad for the deere and see he just lowered it to 10900 or obo. I am thinking this maybe to good to pass up if I can snag it for that but will try for 10500.

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki
image.jpgimage.jpg

Here is the deere appears as new as can be for 100 hrs

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki #7  
You didnt say what kind of engine was in the dere . Makes a big difference in longevety of machine .that kawi will last u forever .Mine is a 98 and purrs like a kitten .:Didnt do nothing but filters and oil.Also simplicity has amuch better deck heaver gauge steel and better cutting with antiscalp rollers instead of gauge wheels .Also u should get full warrenty with legacy.Happy shopping!:dance1::drink:

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki
The deere has the same Kawasaki 27 hp engine but it is fuel injected.

Thats my biggest issue aside from trying them out later today is a warranty an new machine with the legacy or no warranty with a soft cab an save about $2000.

I know the cut will be better with the legacy but cut look is secondary. With two kids and a dog I won't have an immaculate lawn

#1 snowblowing
#2 hauling dirt mulch an leaves (yard cart trailer)
#3 mowing

/ Legacy XL 4x4 kawasaki #9  
If snow is your thing get the Deere. That cab will come real handy for snow.