How do you do a "price check" on used equipment?

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #21  
Looking for a used multy purpose tractor, found a nice looking 2009 JD 2320 with 54" deck and front loader $14,500.00 Sounds hi for a tractor with 670 hours use.
New JD same tractor is $16,919.00 with 2 extra features.
How do I find price of 2009 new to compare, everything depreciates when 'you buy' but not when dealers sell.

Who cares what it cost new; you can't go buy a new 2009 today. You already have the best comparable, a new example of the same model. Are 670 hours and a full factory warranty worth $2519 to you?

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #22  
Anyone have any actual or antidotal knowledge of how inflated prices on the MachineryTrader, etc. websites are. E.g. from shopping on craigslist for years without even knowing what is being sold I can with confidence say most prices are inflated 30-50% of their actual worth. Is there a similar rule of thumb for Ag and Construction equipment or like the economy just impossible to predict?

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #23  
Subscribed.

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #24  
So, I sold an old tractor that was too small for my small yard with a very small vineyard on a third of an acre. A neighbor has a MT160D that is in very good condition with good tires and will have a loader.
The only real negative I have heard concerns the steering gear on these small tractors. One problem is there are so few of them that establishing a price (it has small disks, a good roto tiller, and will have a small loader and good tires) is difficult. Anyone know of about any sales of these small Mitsubishi's?

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #25  
This is all good info but what if you have a tractor like a Allis chalmers 190 Beachmaster Industrial. there hast been used one sold for 8 years or so because they are mostly gone

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #26  
If you check tractordata the Allis Chalmers 190 Beachmaster differs slightly from the 190 or 190xt but selling price is not listed or the number made. I heard it was a very limited number. They did come with either a sand sifter attachment which bolted up between the front and rear tires or a sand sanitizer which was pulled behind the tractor. Try to find one for sale or that has been sold recently. They also came with a different front axle system, 23.1x26 0r 30 tires and 11L-16SL front tires. Mine had the sifter and a box scrapper on the three point. I still have the box scrapper. The Beachmaster also came with 4-200+lb wheel weights inside the rear rims. I'd like to know what its worth because I am n the process of selling it. Been dealing with some super guys but want a fair deal.

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #27  
Looking for a used multy purpose tractor, found a nice looking 2009 JD 2320 with 54" deck and front loader $14,500.00 Sounds hi for a tractor with 670 hours use.
New JD same tractor is $16,919.00 with 2 extra features.
How do I find price of 2009 new to compare, everything depreciates when 'you buy' but not when dealers sell.

Lately (as in the last 10 years or so) tractors have not depreciated. At least not depreciated in terms of what a car or truck would see. Part of it is inflation and the rest is this gnawing feeling that overall quality, including steel thickness, use of plastic, etc. is declining year by year. This "feeling" by the tractor consumer, which includes outsourcing to China by all the manufacturers, can be argued here, but cannot be denied as fact. This fuels the feeling that the days of 25 year tractors are coming to an end- IF they haven't already come to an end. Panic buying in other words.

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #28  
If you check tractordata the Allis Chalmers 190 Beachmaster differs slightly from the 190 or 190xt but selling price is not listed or the number made. I heard it was a very limited number. They did come with either a sand sifter attachment which bolted up between the front and rear tires or a sand sanitizer which was pulled behind the tractor. Try to find one for sale or that has been sold recently. They also came with a different front axle system, 23.1x26 0r 30 tires and 11L-16SL front tires. Mine had the sifter and a box scrapper on the three point. I still have the box scrapper. The Beachmaster also came with 4-200+lb wheel weights inside the rear rims. I'd like to know what its worth because I am n the process of selling it. Been dealing with some super guys but want a fair deal.

It isn't worth any more than someone will pay on the day you decide you have to sell it.

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #29  
Mine also had the box scrapper and the rack that bolted up between the wheels. What year is yours. Serial number? Mine also has the rear wheels, tires, front end and weights u described

/ How do you do a "price check" on used equipment? #30  
Lately (as in the last 10 years or so) tractors have not depreciated. At least not depreciated in terms of what a car or truck would see. Part of it is inflation and the rest is this gnawing feeling that overall quality, including steel thickness, use of plastic, etc. is declining year by year. This "feeling" by the tractor consumer, which includes outsourcing to China by all the manufacturers, can be argued here, but cannot be denied as fact. This fuels the feeling that the days of 25 year tractors are coming to an end- IF they haven't already come to an end. Panic buying in other words.

Do you really think the problem is parts are outsourced to China?
Me thinks the blame starts with your favorite company looking to save money.