dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #1  

Latakia

Tractor
Mahindra Max 25
well i cannot blieve dealers and brands. (this is a very condensed story. the total dynamic is unbelievable and too tedious to write.) I called 1 dealer of a brand of tractor 4-5x and no one ever asnwered the phone. another dealer and brand quoted me a price, when i went to check it out the price went up for a cash deal over 2 grand. the same dealer had a new used 10 hr tractor by the owner and when i talked to the owner - he was selling me all the talking points but did not know any prices or could care less to sell a tractor or what the price would be on the slightly used tractor. the sales guy again said he'd honor the original price but went up $500 plus on the original price. another dealer and brand a decent distance away - said check the website - i did and the 2 pages had errors and were not available and that was why i was calling to get info before i waste a drive to check inot it in more detail. lady said how they have been in business either 20 years or maybe 40 years etc... selling me on their history but could care less about actual helping me and was rather cold and rude to add to it. another dealer of the same 3rd brand did not know very much about the equipment or the maintenance and the price was rather steep from what i could figure. also did not know much about the companies deals. I called this 3rd company's headquarters to talk to someone about the various discrepancies on their website and the 3 people i talked to the 2 x i called were ignorant and stupid and one was rude and had an attitude.

**** i am trying to buy a tractor. these people could seem to care less. I could not believe this - how many of you have dealt with idiots like this? I still cannot believe their apathy and hubris.

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #2  
Yes, I have. Vehicle dealerships are no better. Ive had better luck buying things from private parties.

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #3  
Sadly this is nothing new and to the best of my knowledge, has been going on like this for sometime. I know that there were many dealerships that I tried to deal with over 10 years ago when I was looking for my first new tractor that were pretty much the same. :(

On the positive side, there are some VERY GOOD dealers out there, you just need to find them. :thumbsup: Mine just ended up being 650 miles away, but is a GREAT GUY AND DEALERSHIP. ;)

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #4  
well i cannot blieve dealers and brands. (this is a very condensed story. the total dynamic is unbelievable and too tedious to write.) I called 1 dealer of a brand of tractor 4-5x and no one ever asnwered the phone. another dealer and brand quoted me a price, when i went to check it out the price went up for a cash deal over 2 grand. the same dealer had a new used 10 hr tractor by the owner and when i talked to the owner - he was selling me all the talking points but did not know any prices or could care less to sell a tractor or what the price would be on the slightly used tractor. the sales guy again said he'd honor the original price but went up $500 plus on the original price. another dealer and brand a decent distance away - said check the website - i did and the 2 pages had errors and were not available and that was why i was calling to get info before i waste a drive to check inot it in more detail. lady said how they have been in business either 20 years or maybe 40 years etc... selling me on their history but could care less about actual helping me and was rather cold and rude to add to it. another dealer of the same 3rd brand did not know very much about the equipment or the maintenance and the price was rather steep from what i could figure. also did not know much about the companies deals. I called this 3rd company's headquarters to talk to someone about the various discrepancies on their website and the 3 people i talked to the 2 x i called were ignorant and stupid and one was rude and had an attitude.

**** i am trying to buy a tractor. these people could seem to care less. I could not believe this - how many of you have dealt with idiots like this? I still cannot believe their apathy and hubris.

Sadly, I know your pain.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...s/316129-lack-professionalism-sales-rant.html

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #5  
Before I bought my current tractor I contacted three dealerships. It became very obvious that two of the three were not the least concerned about making a sale. The third is the good type and I've had nothing but excellent dealings with them. Since all three only sold tractors & implements - makes one wonder how the two are still in business.

Yes, there are plenty of dealers out here with no knowledge and "care about nothing" attitude.

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #6  
It seems like daily I miss the days when the "owner is in the shop". When people don't have a "stake" (i.e. higher sales means better days), and are getting $X regardless of performance, it sets the stage. Owners know every potential customer matters, and every interaction builds, maintains or degrades esteem. It is getting pretty sad when a vendor gives the perception that they are doing you a favor by existing... the disconnect between mission and day-to-day practice...

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #7  
Before we started our business 15 years ago, we noticed that most of the local tractor dealerships lacked customer service, did not take the small tractor market seriously, and had junkie dirty facilities more like the worst of the used car lots, etc. We figured if we only had a clean facility, treated people with respect and communicated promptly, we could sell some tractors. It works, and thanks for the kind words Brian.

Since then most of the poorly run tractor businesses in our area have folded and our competition is much better now unfortunately for us! Almost too good sometimes! Generally these things sort themselves out and the folks running their businesses well outlast those that do not.

Lastly, I have days when it seems like everyone is stupid, where the entire world is full of idiots. I don't post on TBN on days like that! I call those my hyper-critical days and I try to get a cup of coffee and take a walk and chill a little and I find that the frequency of idiots diminishes a little. They don't go away entirely of course.... :rolleyes:

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge
I am not an idiot - have a Ph.D.. I was in a good mood when i posted - i was just curious as to how many people out there experience this sort of thing. that is all.

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #9  
Before we started our business 15 years ago, we noticed that most of the local tractor dealerships lacked customer service, did not take the small tractor market seriously, and had junkie dirty facilities more like the worst of the used car lots, etc. We figured if we only had a clean facility, treated people with respect and communicated promptly, we could sell some tractors. It works, and thanks for the kind words Brian.

Since then most of the poorly run tractor businesses in our area have folded and our competition is much better now unfortunately for us! Almost too good sometimes! Generally these things sort themselves out and the folks running their businesses well outlast those that do not.

Lastly, I have days when it seems like everyone is stupid, where the entire world is full of idiots. I don't post on TBN on days like that! I call those my hyper-critical days and I try to get a cup of coffee and take a walk and chill a little and I find that the frequency of idiots diminishes a little. They don't go away entirely of course.... :rolleyes:

Dave, forget the walk, go out and move some dirt and all is well again. Sure works for me, just don't get the chance very often any more. :(

/ dealer and company brand apathy and lack of knowledge #10  
Yes, I have. Vehicle dealerships are no better. Ive had better luck buying things from private parties.

The reason car salespersons are like that is that last week they were selling tractors. :laughing: It happens in every field. New sales reps come into the hospital to conduct education and marketing that were selling a different product last month. Many times the nurses and physicians know more about the product than the rep as all they know is what's in the brochure they got at the company sales meeting. You can quickly tell if a salesperson knows their product because they have experience using it.

I use the same philosophy dealing with a salesperson as I use for politicians. I give them an opportunity to sell themselves or their product. If they spend more time attacking the opposition than explaining why they are the right choice then I need to look elsewhere.