John Deere XUV vs. Polaris Ranger Full Size

/ John Deere XUV vs. Polaris Ranger Full Size
Also comparing my 2013 Yanmar powered to the new Lombardini powered unit...

Yanmar - 55 amp alternator
Kohler - 110 amp

Kohler unit has integrated a park position into the transmission. I'm indifferent on this as I've not had any parking brake issues.

It appears that there has been an $800 increase in the MSRP from 2013 to 2015 but I may be in error on that. Some of that cost may be the engine but the chassis has been redesigned for the Polaris Pro-Fit (profit... Hah) cab systems.

I thought a true 55 amp alternator was awesome moving up from gas units with 1-2kw stators. I run a 40" LED bar, 25gal spot sprayer, and stereo without battery drain issues just fine. The 110 amp will open the door for huge power jobs.

I've been told by reliable sources that Polaris is going to redesign the chassis/ROPS every couple of years to try to stay ahead of the aftermarket in windshield/roof/cab type accessories. They want more of that pie and they hope the aftermarket won't be able to react quickly enough to take a big bite of it.

I heard that Polaris bought out Curtis Cabs...no idea if it's true or not. Seems to me that if Polaris is going to go to war with the aftermarket that at the end of the day they will do more to piss off their customers than they will to mess up the aftermarket. Probably a decision made by a bean counter....

/ John Deere XUV vs. Polaris Ranger Full Size #22  
I heard that Polaris bought out Curtis Cabs...no idea if it's true or not. Seems to me that if Polaris is going to go to war with the aftermarket that at the end of the day they will do more to piss off their customers than they will to mess up the aftermarket. Probably a decision made by a bean counter....

I agree. Nothing irritated me more than the lack of accessories available for a short time after a new model was released but the aftermarket always came through shortly, and at a better bargain than OEM. I'm wondering how many smaller boutique aftermarket companies this will put out of business. Those types of companies usually have the most unique and durable accessories in my experience. They simply need those gaps in the market to survive. Polaris is already the largest bear in the market, they shouldn't eat the smaller shops that support their own brand.

/ John Deere XUV vs. Polaris Ranger Full Size #23  
Hi where abouts did you buy the clutch package from cheers was it aftermarket or from Polaris ?