Picking the best tractor dealer....

/ Picking the best tractor dealer.... #11  
I mentioned in another post, I got the best product information and dealer recommendation from the factory reps at a couple of farm equipment shows. In Ohio we have a good power equipment show and a huge farm science show which has every brand represented.

Having owned a retail business for 30 years, yes you do see all kinds of buyers or potential buyers. On the flip side I see a number of farm equipment dealers which would prefer to be mechanics than salesmen.

I appreciate a clean well stocked dealership which tries to provide value added services as a means of making there dealership different from the rest.

Second the salesperson who can effectively present the benefits of his product without down grading his competitor is a huge plus.

Service after the sale is key! I sold more to existing customers after the inital transaction than trying to land a single new customer. I have never heard from the JD I purchased my 4500 from in 99, spend money where you think your business will be appreciated.

I would inquire specifically about service calls, pick-up and delivery charges and anything else which would be important to you.

I read a post recently where a guy was unhappy with Bush Hog over a warranty issue. Regardless of the warranty I bought the product from dealer "X" and I would expect him to honor the warranty or issue and then take care of the specfics with the manufacture. I frequently took care of customer complaints then went to the mfg, if they didn't back me that called the "cost of doing business".

I hope you have several dealer to choose from.

Best regards,

eric1951

/ Picking the best tractor dealer....
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I mentioned in another post, I got the best product information and dealer recommendation from the factory reps at a couple of farm equipment shows. In Ohio we have a good power equipment show and a huge farm science show which has every brand represented. )</font>

Eric,

Equipment show sounds like an interesting means of seeing all the brands is one place at once. Where/when in Ohio are these taking place??? I'm right on the Ohio/Pa border about 50 miles north of Pittsburgh.

John /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Picking the best tractor dealer.... #13  
I think the farm show in Harrisburg PA is going on this weekend if I recollect correctly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That may be a good place to start.

/ Picking the best tractor dealer.... #14  
John,

The Ohio Power Equipment Show is held in Columbus, 1/30-31,2/1 (Friday-Sat-Sunday), at the Fair Grounds.

Lots of neat toys! I think you can do a search for this and get more details.

I spent some time last year with the Bush Hog rep, stopped at a dealer he suggested on the way home and purchased a FEL.

I plan to attend this year, looking for a utility trailer for my 4500.

Eric