New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #21  
I have run my 6' cutter and 6' tiller on both my tractors all day long, the TC40DA HST and the Boomer 8N CVT. Neither had a problem with heating up even with the East Texas heat of 100+ degrees F. The CVT does not radiate as much heat to the operator so that is what I prefer. The CVT has a shuttle shift lever on the column. The pedal only regulates speed.

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #22  
I hate CVTs in cars, but could live with one on a tractor. Still, when I had my LS I ran a 6' rotaty cutter with it for hours on end on hot days (100* F or so) and never noticed heat off the HST that amounted to anything.

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #23  
My Hot Rod (the Prius lol) is CVT. It was very strange getting used to, it was my first car that you couldn't feel "shifting" ... I prefer the feel of a trans that shifts, but I certainly don't have anything negative to say about it in the Prius.

I'd still prefer HST in a tractor because you don't need to use a shifter to change direction. However, if they can find a way incorporate CVT into a dual pedal, handless design, I'd be interested.

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #24  
Sorry, phone made a duplicate...

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #27  
I don't see any provision for reverse on the variable pulley type. Does the same foot pedal put it in reverse?

The variator controls the transmission ratio. Direction is controlled by the FNR clutch pack, so the same foot pedal is used for forward or reverse.

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #28  
My Hot Rod (the Prius lol) is CVT. It was very strange getting used to, it was my first car that you couldn't feel "shifting" ... I prefer the feel of a trans that shifts, but I certainly don't have anything negative to say about it in the Prius.

I'd still prefer HST in a tractor because you don't need to use a shifter to change direction. However, if they can find a way incorporate CVT into a dual pedal, handless design, I'd be interested.

Exactly, I was interested in CVT until I found out how to operate one.. then I lost all interest in it.
Your left hand belongs on the steering wheel, your right hand belongs on the joystick for the loader. your right foot controls the speed and direction of the tractor.. HST's rule for loader work, all else is a compromise.

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #29  
If I push my Kubota L3200 hst to the limit I can get it to break the half way mark on the temp gauge. I can't break the half way mark unless I'm running the PTO & pushing it to the max. I've never broken 3/4 on the temp gauge even in the Colorado summer with our thinner air.

A hst means I can just push on the go pedal when tilling or mowing until the rpms start to drop. Trivial to keep it pushed to the max without lugging even in changing conditions.

I'll never own a gear tractor for a utility tractor. The ease of use is just to powerful.

/ New Holland Boomer CVT benefits over hydrostatic in High RPM/heat #30  
Exactly, I was interested in CVT until I found out how to operate one.. then I lost all interest in it.
Your left hand belongs on the steering wheel, your right hand belongs on the joystick for the loader. your right foot controls the speed and direction of the tractor.. HST's rule for loader work, all else is a compromise.
Evidently most all the commercial front end loaders and backhoes designed for loader work are made wrong.
Any I have ever operated use a shuttle lever to forward/reverse and the foot peddle was the throttle and they worked great for loader work.