Buying Advice what type of tractor do i need

/ what type of tractor do i need #11  
I do not know where you guys get off on this rent whateveryou want thing . A walk behind trencher , maybe . Around here you are looking at 300$ a day for anything .

/ what type of tractor do i need #12  
I do not know where you guys get off on this rent whateveryou want thing . A walk behind trencher , maybe . Around here you are looking at 300$ a day for anything .

Your getting hosed! I can rent an 8k mini ex all weekend for 250 bucks! Granted, I do my own hauling.

/ what type of tractor do i need
Thanks for all the advice. My trouble with renting is we are remote at least 2 hours to the nearest rental place. Ineed the tractor each time it rains so it would be nice to have it there when iI am there, we only get up there for a day or two at a time. Paving the hill would be cost prohibitive and I don't think the DNR would ever allow it. I guess my main question was can I accomplish this with a compact tractor or do I need a full size. If I go with full size could I get by with a 2wd. Thanks again for all the help

/ what type of tractor do i need #14  
If you're literally only going to use it about 20hrs a year and only to grade the road & spread stone I'd look at an old loader / shovel or backhoe / excavator or even a skidsteer on tracks.

If you're set on buying a tractor (and I can see the benefits as once there you'll almost certainly find other uses for it) then I would think a decent 25hp+ compact will be fine so long as you have 4wd and good tyres with plenty of ballast. Even with a larger tractor I would recommend 4wd, as going downhill on a slippery slope can be worse than getting up...!

/ what type of tractor do i need
I was looking on the web and ran across a struck 1000 mini dozer do these have enough grunt to take care of a road