Went to a Machinery Show this weekend...

/ Went to a Machinery Show this weekend... #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
I went to the second annual west Kentucky Farm Machinery Show (which isn't a big deal, but it beats doing nothing on a cold, rainy January Saturday). It was a bit better than last year, with a few more tractor dealers and some other ag-related dealers (Morton Buildings, a couple of fencing companies, trucking companies, etc).

The brands represented at the show were Agco, Mahindra, Kubota, John Deere, Case, Century, Zetor, and Kioti. Curiously enough, there was no New Holland presence (unless you count Case) because the Paducah dealer (which is a Ford car dealership) gave up their dealership. There is still a New Holland dealership in Mayfield, and I thought it was odd that they didn't come, but oh well. There were some McCormich tractors (large ones) but they were sitting outside in the rain, so I didn't look at them too much...

Overall, I was impressed by every tractor that looked at and set on. It was my first chance to see the 4wd Mahindras made in India, and they looked like very solid machines. It was also the first time that I got a look at the Century's and it had been quite a while since I had seen the Zetors. I really liked the Century's - very operator friendly, especially with the lowered fuel tank. Fit and finish on the Zetors was better than expected. John Deere didn't have a compact at the show, but I climbed up in the cab of a big one and man, is that one plush interior - probably the best of the tractors at the show (altough a big Agco had a nice interior). The Case and Kubota tractors were sharp as well. Of course, couldn't let a post go by without plugging the Kiotis, repped by Little Tractor. I got to check out my next tractor, a DK 65C. That is a super nice tractor (and a super nice dealer). As said earlier, I was very impressed with all of the tractors - I didn't notice any appreciable quality difference between the "top tier" tractors (JD, Kubota) and the rest of the crop...if there was a quality difference, the margin has narrowed greatly.

Just a fun day looking at big toys and thought I'd let you guys know.

/ Went to a Machinery Show this weekend... #2  
The national farm show will be at Louisville Ky Feb 10th I believe till the 14th,Might be more to check out - See you their?

/ Went to a Machinery Show this weekend...
I would love to go, because I know you can spend days, not hours, perusing all of the offerings there. I went way back in the day, but haven't been in many, many years...not really a good time of year for me to leave my herd of cows, pigs, goats, horses (and cats and dogs)....and children...behind.

It's bound to be a good time, though.

/ Went to a Machinery Show this weekend... #4  
Oh come on down. All that work will still be there when you get back. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Went to a Machinery Show this weekend... #5  
Hey, I was there too, although I went on Friday when the weather was better.

I was surprised by the absence of Blue tractors, also.

It was pretty empty (as far as lookers go) on Friday morning, so it was easy to talk with the dealers. I had never seen a Century before, and the dealer's rep was friendly and showed me all the features. I agree, they are a nice looking tractor with some well thought-out features.

I climbed up on the big Green tractor (what was it?, a 7xxx-something I think). I could NOT believe it didn't have a cup holder /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif -- it sure had everything else! I would have liked to look at some of the smaller JDs, but he only had the two big ones there.

Little Tractor seemed to have the largest selection there. I only live a couple of miles from him, and I see he is getting ready to open his new location out near Airport Road. I was surprised at the size of the CK20. People compare it with the Kubota BXs, but it looked a bit bigger to me -- maybe just the wheels and tires. Wish he had had a BH on it for comparison.

Not a big show, but fun anyway.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif