Default Tiltmeters ???

Are they worth having (especially when doing forestry work) ?
    Where do I get one and for how much ?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800 / also Scag Turf Tiger

Default Re: Tiltmeters ???

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Where do I get one and for how much ? )</font>
    Tiltmeters

Mark, I liked having two on my tractor; one for side to side and one for front to rear, and as the previous post shows, you can order then right here on TBN.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

Rick and Brenda are the owners and fine people, they can answer any questions that you have.

Veteran Member
    Home-1+ acres New Hope, TX / 24 acres-Fannin County
    Tractor
    JD 950

After using my tractor on slopes for several years without one, I put one on last year. It basically confirmed my pucker factor calibration. By the tiltmeter, I was not exceeding safe, but I was approaching the boundary. I bought one from the site noted in the post above. Good people to work with. My first one had a design problem. They replaced it very quickly with their improved model.

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

I also purchased and installed one of the tilt meters on my TC-40D. You may see pictures of it be clicking my signature link. I have two sections on my lot that had very steep slopes and I wanted to see if I would be safe in using the tractor to mow these sections. Turns out that they both exceeded the safe limits so I now mow them both at a 90 degree angle to the grade. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Without a tilt meter you are just guessing at grade levels. Guessing always seems to get me into trouble [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Better be safe than sorry. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 4400

I wouldn't be without one. I mow the back of my dam and when the meter gets near 20, I start down hill. I have seen it go as high as 30 when a wheel drops in a hole and thats scary. At least with my tractor, if I keep it under 20 degrees and go slow I am safe.